Assassin’s Creed: Unity made its big debut today during the Microsoft press conference at E3 2014, and for the first time ever, Ubisoft has unleashed the power of co-op play into the beloved franchise. After the break, find more details about the 4-player co-op mode, along with many other new gameplay features you can come to expect.
Seen in the gameplay demo above is something unreal. The massive AI crowd and riot, the intricate detail of the French palace, and of course the co-op gameplay, together they all look marvelous. It will be interesting to see how attached you’ll need to be from your counterparts. Will you have to stick together the whole time while playing or can you split up and meet back together for certain missions?
In addition to the 4-player co-op feature in Assassin’s Creed: Unity, below you’ll find a handful of other new features that Ubisoft has been kind enough to reveal at E3:
A UNIQUE CO-OP EXPERIENCE YOU MUST PLAY TO BELIEVE
- In addition to an epic single-player campaign, join with up to three friends online and experience the open world of 18th-century Paris. Pull ambitious heists and take part in unique narrative-driven missions designed exclusively for co-op play. Sabotage an execution. Protect an emperor. Assassinate a Templar agent. Victory won’t be easy; you and your lethal band must rely on communication, coordination, and diverse skills to accomplish your missions, then vanish into the shadows.
A RUTHLESS NEW HERO FOR A BRUTAL WORLD
- Play as Arno, an entirely new breed of Assassin, and take down your prey with a range of new weapons such as the Phantom Blade, a hidden blade with crossbow capabilities.
BRAND-NEW PARKOUR, COMBAT, AND STEALTH GAMEPLAY
- Enjoy an unprecedented degree of freedom and control over your
- Full motion control with new parkour mechanics for free running up, across, and down city walls and buildings.
- A reinvented fighting system provides a richer combat experience based on skill, timing, and flow.
- Enhanced stealth gameplay, including a new stealth mode, cover system, and crowd-manipulation techniques. Stay hidden, stalk your prey, and strike without warning.
DEEP CUSTOMIZATION MECHANICS TO CRAFT YOUR OWN MASTER ASSASSIN
- Craft a unique play style by choosing weapons, gear, outfits, and specialized skills. Mix and match from hundreds of possible combinations and build your stealth, fighting, and navigation abilities from a new, expansive skill tree. Become the ultimate Master Assassin.
DISCOVER REVOLUTIONARY PARIS, BROUGHT TO LIFE AS NEVER BEFORE
- Carve through the stunning full-scale open world city, a feat only made possible through the power of an all-new game engine.
- Explore detailed building interiors and discover secret catacombs and sewers.
- Embark on ancestral missions, treasure hunts, murder mysteries, contracts, and more. The city is packed full of activities that will captivate for hours.
- Witness the chaos of the French Revolution firsthand and become immersed in the realistic, systemic crowds of up to 5,000 AI-driven characters.
Assassin’s Creed: Unity is available on October 28, 2014 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 system, and PC.
You can follow me on the Twitter at @TyRawrrnosaurus for more updates as they become available.