While we provide you with a list of available new releases Now Available to Own every Tuesday, Coming Soon to Blu-ray and DVD looks at all of the recent home video announcements. For the week of May 9, 2015 we have The Longest Ride, Kumiko: The Treasure Hunter, and more. Find out when they’ll be out and what special features you can expect.
Available on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD July 14
The Longest Ride (George Tillman Jr.) Rated PG-13 [139 min] – The lives of a young couple intertwine with a much older man as he reflects back on a lost love while he’s trapped in an automobile crash. Starring Scott Eastwood, Britt Robertson, Alan Alda, and Jack Huston
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- A Writer’s Journey: A Day in the Life of Nicholas Sparks
- Beyond the Ride
- Bringing it to Life
- Meet The Real Bull Riders
- Luke’s Bull Riding School
- Audio Commentary by George Tillman, Jr. and Oona Chaplin
Available on June 30
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter (David Zellner) Unrated [105 min] – A jaded Japanese woman discovers a hidden copy of Fargo (1996) on VHS, believing it to be a treasure map indicating the location of a large case of money. Starring Rinko Kikuchi, Nobuyuki Katsube, Shirley Venard, and David Zellner
- Audio commentary with the Zellner Brothers and producer Chris Ohlson
- Deleted and alternate scenes
The Rogue Cut will be available July 14
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer) Rated PG-13 [131 min] – The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants. Starring Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult
- Both the Theatrical Cut of the Film and the Rogue Cut of the Film
- Director Bryan Singer and Composer/Film Editor John Ottman (Rogue Cut)
- Director Bryan Singer and Producer/Writer Simon Kinberg (Theatrical Version)
- Second Screen App
- Mutant vs. Machine [A 9-part making-of documentary]
- X-Men: Unguarded
- Gallery: Storyboards, Costumes & Concept Art
- Fantastic Four Sneak Peek
- Digital HD
Available on DVD and On Demand July 7; Digital HD June 23
’71 (Yann Demange) Rated R [99 min] – A young and disoriented British soldier is accidentally abandoned by his unit following a riot on the deadly streets of Belfast in 1971.Starring Jack O’Connell, Sam Reid, and Sean Harris
Special features include:
- Audio Commentary with Director Yann Demange, Producer Angus Lamont & Writer Gregory Burke
The Complete Series is available on DVD June 2
The L Word (2004–2009) (Michele Abbott, Ilene Chaiken, and Kathy Greenberg) Rated TV-MA [50 min] – Follows the lives and loves of a small, close-knit group of lesbians living in Los Angeles as well as the friends and family members that either support or loath them. Starring Jennifer Beals, Leisha Hailey, Laurel Holloman, Mia Kirshner, Katherine Moennig, and Pam Grier
No special features currently listed
Available on DVD September 15
Peanuts Emmy Honored Collection (Many Directors) [Various LengtHs] – Take a bow, Charlie Brown! Now fans have a front-row seat to a showcase of the most prestigious Peanuts features ever assembled into one collection. Peanuts: Emmy Honored Collection includes 11 animated television specials on two discs brilliantly remastered in all-new 4K Ultra HD transfers to DVD. All of the specials featured in this release were recognized with either an Emmy Award win or nomination. It’s a collection full of big laughs, best friends and life lessons that will delight the whole family. Starring the many voices throughout the ages of The Peanuts gang.
The 11-animated specials collection include:
- You’re the Greatest, Charlie Brown
- She’s a Good Skate, Charlie Brown
- It’s Magic, Charlie Brown
- Someday You’ll Find Her, Charlie Brown
- Is this Goodbye, Charlie Brown?
- Life is a Circus, Charlie Brown
- What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown?
- It’s Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown
- Snoopy’s Getting Married, Charlie Brown
- Why, Charlie Brown, Why?
- You’re a Good Sport, Charlie Brown
And that’s it for this week. What are you looking forward to picking up when they release? Stay tuned for more Blu-Ray and DVD announcements every Saturday.
All plot synopses courtesy of IMDb.com