Empty your wallets and check your bank accounts, it’s time to see what’s Now Available To Own for the week of December 24, 2013. Each week we run down new releases in movies, television series, and video games that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Not only that, we provide insights on some of the best deals on the Internets to keep your credit card from crying. On shelves this week, you can find titles such as Insidious: Chapter 2. Check out the complete list of new releases after the jump.
Insidious: Chapter 2 (James Wan) – The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world.
As one of my most anticipated horror films of the year, Insidious: Chapter 2 was a big let down. I loved Insidious, you can find it streaming on Netflix still I believe, but this sequel tries to add to much with too little. I’ll give it praise for trying something new and daring, but everything built in this world comes crashing down as they introduce a strange new rule in The Further that feels completely out of place. It has some OK scares, but James Wan’s The Conjuring is far superior in every way. There are a lot of special features included on this disc however:
- “Insidious: Spectral Sightings” 3-part webisode
- Ghostly transformation
- Haunted hospital: on location
- Leigh Whannell’s Inisidious journal
- Peripheral vision: behind the scenes
- Work in progress: on set Q&A
Television on Blu-Ray
Blu-Ray Deals and Steals
- James Bond 50 with Skyfall: The Complete Collection – $129.99
- Star Wars: The Complete Saga – $79.99
- Back to the Future Trilogy – $29.99
- Firefly: The Complete Series (DVD) – $9.99
- Full House: The Complete Series (DVD) – $54.99
- Seinfeld: The Complete Series – $99.99
All deals this week courtesy of Best Buy.
What will you be taking home this week, tell us in the comments section below?
Check out previous installments of Now Available To Own to see what you’ve been missing.
Find me on the Twitter @TyRawrrnosaurus
All plot synopses courtesy of IMDb.com