TV on Blu-Ray
Game of Thrones (Season 4) (David Benioff and D. B. Weiss) Rated TV-MA [55 min] – In this thrilling fourth season based on George R.R. Martin’s bestselling books, the Lannisters’ control over the Iron Throne remains intact, but can they survive their own egos as well as the ongoing threats around them? While an unshaken Stannis Baratheon continues to rebuild his army on Dragonstone, a more immediate danger comes from the south, as Oberyn Martell, the Lannister-loathing ‘Red Viper of Dorne’, arrives at King’s Landing to attend Joffrey’s wedding. At the Wall, the Night’s Watch seems overmatched against Mance Rayder’s advancing army of wildlings, which in turn is being trailed by an even more formidable foe. What’s more, Daenerys Targaryen, accompanied by her fierce trio of dragons and an Unsullied army, is poised to ‘liberate’ Meereen, the largest Slaver City in the east, which could provide her with an imposing force to execute her ultimate plan of reclaiming the Iron Throne for her family. Starring Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aidan Gillen, Iain Glen, Kit Harington, Maisie Williams, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Sophie Turner, Jack Gleeson, Alfie Allen, Rory McCann, Charles Dance, Jerome Flynn, Conleth Hill, John Bradley, Gwendoline Christie, Stephen Dillane, Carice van Houten, Liam Cunningham, Sibel Kekilli, Rose Leslie, Natalie Dormer, Michael McElhatton, Iwan Rheon, and Pedro Pascal
Yes. Everything about this season and then some. The further we go along in this series, the more I believe Weiss and Benioff have been able to hone in on what makes this show work and then cranks it up to 11. There were so many thrilling moments in this season that it’s hard to even think about how they could top it in the upcoming fifth premiering this April 12. Special features included are:
- In-Episode Guides: In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
- Histories & Lore: Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
- Audio Commentaries: Commentaries with cast and crew including showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Pedro Pascal, Aiden Gillen and more.
- Behind the Battle for the Wall: Follow the cast and crew as they create the most ambitious battle to date. This 30-minute documentary explores the challenges of putting together one of the series’ most intense episodes, with never-before-seen material.
- The Fallen Roundtable: Writer Bryan Cogman sits down with a few of the many cast members who meet their demise in Season 4. From first learning of their deaths to shooting their final scenes, this 30-minute feature sheds light on what it’s like to live and die in world of GoT.
- The Politics of Power: Revisit the brutal events of Season 3 to see power shifts that define Westeros at the start of Season 4.
- Bastards of Westeros: Hear Benioff, Weiss and author George R.R. Martin discuss the role bastards play in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes: Two deleted scenes.
- Advanced Technology – Wield cutting-edge weapons and gadgets like the Arc Gun, Thermite Rifle, and Monocular, as you struggle to maintain peace and order amidst the growing civil unrest and Half-breed threat against humankind.
- Filmic Vision – The Order: 1886 transports players into the stunningly realistic and re-imagined Neo-Victorian London, replicating the nuances of actual motion picture cameras and lenses for a more immersive and believable presentation.
- Seamless Narrative Experience – Full performance capture for characters and scenes, combined with seamless transitions between action and story sequences, work together to bring the rich narrative, rife with conspiracy and intrigue, to life.
Blu-Ray Deals and Steals
- Kiki’s Delivery Service – $19.99
- Princess Mononoke – $19.99
- Tales from Earthsea – $19.99
- The Wind Rises – $19.99
- Whisper of the Heart – $19.99
- Pom Poko – $19.99 (Best Buy)
- Porco Rosso – $19.99 (Best Buy)
- Fury – $14.99
- Mad Men (Season 6) – $12.98
- The Interview – $13.59
- Chef – $12.99
All prices from Amazon.com. Best Buy, Frys, and Target all price match online prices.
What will you be taking home this week? Tell us in the comments section below!
You can find me on Twitter @TyRawrrnosaurus
All plot synopses come courtesy of IMDb.com