We’ve got another full week of home video release announcements to share with you Coming Soon to Blu-ray and DVD. While we provide you with a list of releases Now Available to Own every Tuesday, Coming Soon looks at all of the pre-order announcements. For the week of February 21, 2015, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Boardwalk Empire, Big Eyes, and more have been given release dates. Find out when they’ll be out and what special features they’ll have after the break.
The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies (Peter Jackson) Rated PG-13 [144 min] – The Company of Thorin has reached Smaug’s lair; but can Bilbo and the Dwarves reclaim Erebor and the treasure? And, if so, can they hold on to it? Starring Martin Freeman, Lee Pace, Benedict Cumberbatch, Richard Armitage, and Evangeline Lilly
- Recruiting the Five Armies
- Completing Middle-earth
- The Last Goodbye: Behind the Scenes
- The Last Goodbye Music Video
- New Zealand: Home of Middle-earth, Part 3
This release will be made available on Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on March 24, 2015 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Series (Terence Winter) Chronicles the life and times of Nucky Thompson, the undisputed ruler of Atlantic City, who was equal parts politician and gangster. Starring Steve Buscemi, Stephen Graham, Vincent Piazza, Kelly Macdonald, Michael Shannon, Shea Whigham, Michael Kenneth Williams, and Paul Sparks
- Building The Boardwalk – Executive Producer/Director Tim Van Patten and crew discuss how the Atlantic City boardwalk was brought to life
- Shooting The Series – Learn how the look of the series was developed through conversations with Directors of Photography Jonathan Freeman and Bill Coleman
- Designing The Series – Production Designer Bill Groom and Set Decorator Carol Silverman discuss their process and the challenges faced in creating the authentic look of the series
- Visual Effects – Whether bringing to life Atlantic City or Havana, Cuba, Visual Effects Supervisor Lesley Robson-Foster illustrates the creation of some of the show’s award-winning visual effects
- The Final Shot: A Farewell To Boardwalk Empire – A look back with the cast and crew as they discuss the origins of the show, their favorite moments and more (NOTE: not exclusive to the box set)
- Anatomy Of A Hit – Creator/Executive Producer/Writer Terence Winter, Executive Producer/Director Tim Van Patten and Executive Producer/Writer Howard Korder discuss the choreography for some of the series’ most murderous hits (NOTE: not exclusive to the box set)
The 20-disc box set features all 56 episodes of the series’ five-season, award-winning run, all previously released extras, and an exclusive disc packed with additional never-before-seen bonus content. This release will be made available on Blu-ray May 19, 2015.
Big Eyes (Tim Burton) Rated PG-13 [105 min] – A drama about the awakening of the painter Margaret Keane, her phenomenal success in the 1950s, and the subsequent legal difficulties she had with her husband, who claimed credit for her works in the 1960s. Starring Amy Adams, Christoph Waltz, Krysten Ritter, and Jason Schwartzman
- The Making of Big Eyes Featurette
- Q&A Highlights
Big Eyes will be made available on Blu-ray on April 14, 2015.
Cake (Daniel Barnz) Rated R [102 min] – Claire becomes fascinated by the suicide of a woman in her chronic pain support group while grappling with her own, very raw personal tragedy. Starring Jennifer Aniston, Adriana Barraza, Anna Kendrick, and Sam Worthington
- The Many Layers of Cake: Learning to Live Again
- The Icing on the Cake: Meet the Cast
- Theatrical Trailer
Cake will be arrives on Digital HD on April 10, 2015 and on Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD April 21, 2015.
Ranma 1/2: Set 6 (Episodes 116-138) (Rumiko Takahashi) Unrated [30 min] – A mysterious young man who uses pantyhose as a weapon steals the Jusenkyo guestbook and kidnaps Akane. In order to save her, Ranma teams up with Ryoga, Mousse, and Shampoo, but the young man, like Ranma, also undergoes a transformation when splashed with cold water. After that, monsters escape from strange hanging scrolls and cause chaos around town! The only way to stop them is for Ranma to go on a date with a scribbles panda that has also come out of a scoll! Finally, Ukyo stays at the Tendo Dojo to recover from the shock of a ruined okonomiyaki sauce that has been marinating for ten years. Could Ranma, who is acting strangely kind around Ukyo, have something to do with that too? Starring Kappei Yamaguchi, Megumi Hayashibara, and Norko Hidaka
- We love Ranma Part 6: We Love Working on Ranma 1/2
- We love Ranma Part 7: We Love Bloopers
- Next Episode Previews
- Clean Opening Animations
- Clean Closing Animations
Ranma ½: Set 6 will be available on Blu-ray on June 2nd.
The Pyramid (2014) (Grégory Levasseur) Rated R [89 min] – An archaeological team attempts to unlock the secrets of a lost pyramid only to find themselves hunted by an insidious creature. Starring Ashley Hinshaw, James Buckley, and Denis O’Hare
- New Extended Ending!
- Space Archaeology
- Egyptian Myths
- Image Gallery
They Pyramid will be made available on Blu-ray and DVD May 5, 2015, and Digital HD April 17, 2015.
And that’s it for this week. What are you looking forward to owning?
Stay tuned for more Blu-Ray and DVD announcements every Saturday. Click the button below to see what else will be available soon:
You can follow me on the Twitters at @TyRawrrnosaurus