Tickets for the biggest Disney fan event, D23 Expo, will be on sale tomorrow, Thursday, August 14 at 10 am PST. The fourth bi-annual event will take place again in Anaheim, August 14–16, 2015. This is the Comic-Con of Disney events, and the House of Mouse is not fooling around this year with an ultimate Sorcerer’s Package for true fans. Find out more details on how you can purchase tickets after the break.
Celebrating all things Disney (Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation, ABC, ABC Family, Pixar, LucasFilm, Marvel Studios, Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Consumer Products, The Disney Channel, and Radio Disney), D23 Expo is the premiere convention that you cannot miss. In only its fourth year, D23 Expos has grown leaps and bounds, with over 65,000 Disney fans from around the world visiting the Anaheim Convention center last year. Like Comic-Con, D23 Expo celebrates all things from the past, present, and future of Disney.
D23 Expo 2015 marks the return of fan favorites including the Disney Legends Awards, honoring the talented men and women who have made indelible contributions to the Disney legacy; and Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives, which spotlights costumes, props, and set pieces from Disney’s rich history. And like previous D23 Expos, the stars will most likely be in full force with two Pixar movie releases, Marvel Phase 3 to discuss, and Star Wars: Episode VII. Last year, celebrity appearances included Angelina Jolie, Chris Evans, Billy Crystal, Natalie Portman, and Tom Hiddleston, with performances by Idina Menzel.
I can only assume that tickets will sell out very, very fast with how popular Marvel has become and the anticipation for the new Star Wars film. Here’s Disney’s run down on the tickets from their press release:
Tickets for D23 Expo 2015 are available at a discounted price for a limited time. From August 14–December 31, 2014, tickets are $61 for a one-day adult admission and $42 for children 3–12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club are $52 for a one-day adult admission and $37 for children. Multi-day money-saving tickets are also available. D23 Members can save as much as $268 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for members and general admission, visit D23Expo.com. Here’s a neat little chart:
In addition to these special advance-purchase savings, an extremely limited number of D23 VIP Sorcerer Packages will once again be available. Based on fan feedback, even more benefits have been added this year including exclusive opportunities in the Walt Disney Imagineering pavilion and Mickey’s of Glendale.
The SORCERER PACKAGE includes:
- Three-day admission ticket and commemorative Sorcerer credential
- Reserved seating at all presentations in the main hall, Stage 23, and Stage 28
- Limited-edition D23 American Tourister boarding bag
- Pre-Expo tour of the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit
- Special tour of the Walt Disney Imagineering Pavilion
- Exclusive shopping time in the D23 Expo Dream Store, Disney Store, and Mickey’s of Glendale
- Tour of the D23 Expo show floor the day before the Expo is open to the public
- Welcome Reception on Thursday evening
- Exclusive entrance to the Expo each morning
- A voucher for an appointment with an on-site massage therapist
- Exclusive D23 Expo gift pack including gifts from D23 and the rest of The Walt Disney Company
- Saturday morning Meet and Greet Coffee with a special Disney guest
- “Fond Farewell” reception on final day of Expo
- Plus, access to the Sorcerer Member Lounge and other benefits
Sorcerer member lounge: Open from (9 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Complimentary snacks throughout day (11a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Cash Bar (noon – 6 p.m.)
- Access to purchase food in Lounge
- Archives exhibit
- Dedicated Sorcerer Concierge desk
- Baggage Check area
- Masseur on site (for pay) (10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.)
- One voucher for 20-minute free massage
Sorcerer Package tickets are available exclusively to both Gold and Silver D23 Members at $2,000 per ticket. Members have the option to purchase up to two Sorcerer tickets. Additional details and benefits are highlighted at D23Expo.com.
D23 Gold and Silver Members are entitled to early admission to the Expo show floor and D23 will once again give a special thanks to D23 Charter Members, providing them special access to the Expo’s Charter Member Lounge.
Again, D23 Expo will be held next year, August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
You can find me on the Twitter @TyRawrrnosaurus