Friday, July 25
Sony Online Entertainment Block Party at SOE HQ – 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm (FREE to the public; RSVP on Facebook)
- Join the Sony Online Entertainment folks at their 2014 Block Party, which includes a costume contest, game demos, food, shuttle service, and a chance to hang out with the SOE team. Come grab a local brew, talk shop about your favorite SOE title, grab a snack, and if you’re so inclined, enter your undoubtedly cool costume in our costume contest.
Garfunkel and Oates at The House of Blues – 7:00 pm (Open to the public with ticket purchase)
- The musical and comedic duo of Kate Micucci and Riki Lindhome perform at the House of Blues the Friday night of Comic-Con. See Garfunkel and Oates perform live in anticipation of their upcoming show on IFC that debuts in early August.
He-Man.org’s 2014 SDCC Power Party! – 7:00 pm (Open to the public who are a part of the He-man.org community; Register here)
- It’s year five of the He-Man.Org Power Party. Hang out, chat, enjoy some drinks, and geek out about He-Man and She-Ra. The big attraction this year is a trivia contest. You put your He-Man and She-Ra knowledge up against James Eatock who has assembled a list of tough (and not so tough) questions. And what good is a trivia contest without prizes? Mattel’s own Scott Neitlich will be there with prizes for the winners.
Lake-town Luau – A Tolkien Celebration at Kona Kai Resort & Marina (Shuttles provided) – 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Open to the public; tickets $30)
- Sponsored by Weta Workshop and Badali Jewelry, San Diego Comic Con 2014 marks the final year that there will be a new Hobbit or Tolkien themed film and there must be a party to properly celebrate all that is Middle-Earth. This all ages event is separate from SDCC, no con badge is required to attend. There will be plenty of prizes, games, silliness and costumes.
Digital LA – Comic-Con Party at TBD – 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (FREE to the public with RSVP)
- Digital LA has partnered with HexLabs 3D to host their 6th Annual SDCC happy hour event. HexLabs will be on-site for 3D body scans of attendees who would like to receive a 3-inch 3D printed action figure of themselves in their best superhero pose.
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour at The Commons Bar – 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Open to the public; 18+; RSVP on Facebook)
- This is your chance to join the Star Wars: The Old Republic community for a development team Q&A as well as complimentary drinks, food, and giveaways. Every attendee will be receiving a highly coveted M8-3R Astromech code. Space is limited so be sure to come early.
Ghostbusters “Mass-Hysteria” Fan Party at Werewolf – 7:30 pm (FREE to the public; 21+ older after 9:00 pm)
- Prepare for a disaster of biblical proportions! Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes… The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria! This is being hosted at the fantastic Restaurant/Bar “The Werewolf”, just a few blocks away from the convention center. Also The Gorgeous Ecto-1 will also be on display outside of The Werewolf during the event, for anyone looking for the most epic photo op in San Diego! Editor Tom Waltz from IDW Publishing and more specifically The Ghostbusters comic book series will be in attendance for some Q and A at our Ghostbusters Mass Hysteria Party! and hopefully one of the writers from that series as well. and in case you dont know IDW check them out, they own your childhood in comic book form.
Marked Men Party V aboard the HMS Surprise – 8:00 pm – 1:00 am (Open to the public with ticket purchase; $75-125)
- A mish mash themed party celebrating all things Pirates of the Caribbean and Game of Thrones. This event takes place on the ship used in Pirates 4 and Master & Commander
Incognito: a Celebration of Cosplay with Adam Savage at Side Bar – 9:00 pm (Open to Premium Tested.com members only; sign up today)
- Adam’s adventures in cosplay have become the stuff of legend. This year, fans will have the chance to see some of Adam’s most memorable cosplay firsthand and a reveal of a meticulous replica of one of his favorite movie props of all time. Come for the drinks, music, and cosplay.
Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories Jammy Party at PETCO Park – 11:00 pm (
FREE to the public with RSVP and PJs RSVPs CLOSED)
- Tim and Eric invite you to attend their exclusive jammy party, and get a first look at their new series Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories.
Geek & Sundry Party #2 at Jolt’n Joes – 8:30 pm (Open to the public with RSVP)
- Party of the Planeswalkers presented by Magic: The Gathering (ages 21 & over only) with Spellslingers and mana-themed cocktails
INVITE ONLY PARTIES:
- Buzzfeed/CW Flash Party at Altitude in the Marriott Gaslamp
- Cozday Launch/Showrunners After Party at Quality Social
- CraveOnline Presents MGMT & Grimes on the USS Midway – 7:00 pm (Invite Only)
- Playboy and A&E’s “Bates Motel” on 7th and J Street
Heyyy! Just a head’s up, the Digital LA party is on Saturday, not Sunday! And don’t forget about the Nerd HQ fan party on Thursday starting at 9pm!! :D
Thanks for the correction. I’ll look into the Nerd HQ party. I was going to wait until everything is officially announced from them.