The Amazing Spider-man Teaser Trailer

A few weeks ago, right before Comic-Con, the first teaser trailer for Marc Webb’s The Amazing Spider-man hit the Internets. Some have said it to be a lot darker than Sam Raimi’s trilogy, which makes it easily stand on its own, while others question what Sony Pictures may have in store for this property.

There is no official plot synopsis yet, not even from the official website, but from what most have gathered Spider-man, played by Andrew Garfield (The Social Network; Never Let Me Go) will be facing off against Doc Connors aka “The Lizard,” played by Rhys Ifans (Pirate Radio; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1; Notting Hill) in a complete reboot and origin story with no Mary Jane in tow. Replacing Mary Jane Watson as the love interest will be Gwen Stacy, played by the natural blonde Emma Stone (Easy A; Superbad; The Help).

Catch the teaser trailer after the jump along with a few other production stills!

Continue reading

First Official Look at Andrew Garfield in the Spider-Man Costume!

We are getting our first official studio look at Andrew Garfield in full Spider-Man attire, minus the mask and from the looks of it the end result of a battle. Check out the full picture after the break!

Continue reading

Emma Stone Reveals Her True Roots As Gwen Stacy

Emma Stone debuted her blond hair, her natural hair color, at the Trevor Live Project Hollywood Palladium on Sunday in Hollywood. I don’t think I could have ever pictured, or known Stone to be a natural blond if she didn’t say so herself. Obviously this is dyed and not natural, but still this is a complete 180° to the red head we’re use to. She will be playing Gwen Stacy in the Spider-Man reboot directed by (500) Days of Summer director Marc Webb. They just began shooting this week too. Pretty exciting. Check out Emma Stone with her blond hair after the jump!

Continue reading

Official: (500) Days Of Spider-Man

Marc Webb, the director of the Golden Globe nominated (500) Days of Summer has been confirmed to direct the new Sony produced Spider-Man Trilogy Reboot. How crazy. Last week or so it was rumored about and bubbling around the Interwebs, now its Webb’s dream come true. According to /Film and Vulture, this can be claimed official and production will most likely start to begin shortly for the first of the trilogies release date  in 2012.

“The reboot allows Sony to clean house of all the high price-tag cast and crew from the original trilogy. Webb will be paid roughly $10 million for the first film, with reported substantial bonuses built in “if the picture reaches certain box-office milestones.” Sam Raimi was paid $10 million for the original Spider-Man film, but that was nearly ten years ago. The Evil Dead director’s agreement included a percentage of the film’s grosses (nearly 25 percent when combined with star Tobey Maguire on the last sequel).” – /Film

This should prove to be an interesting approach to a superhero film as this award winning music video director is faced with a big challenge of epic proportions. I’m sure he can reach the target audience of a younger generation, but will this be a good story or entertaining for fan boys or lovers of Raimi’s Spider-man. Only time will tell and I’m hoping for the best since (500) DOS was amazing.

Continue reading

Marc Webb, (500) Days of Spider-Man?

Spider-Man is the big film bomb of the week and Director Marc Webb, (500) Days of Summer director, is getting buzz and reports that he apparently is on the top of Sony’s list to direct the new reboot(s) of Spider-Man. According to Mike Fleming of Deadline Hollywood reports this interesting news rumor. Finke says “Webb met about the Spidey reboot with the pic’s producers and executives looking to get the picture into production later this year for a Summer 2012 release.”

Continue reading

Raimi Working On Spider-Man No More, Sony Reboots Franchise

Raimi, Dunst, MaGuire and anyone involved in the future Spider-Man 4 is out; that includes Mr. Malkovich who claimed to have agreed to play the Vulture if the script called for it. It appears due to creative differences Sony and Raimi are parting ways and Sony is looking to reboot the Spidey franchise. Sad news. I loved Raimi’s vision of the web-slinger and seeing different actors is unsettling. You can kind of look at it as the same situation with The X-Men with X-Men First Class in the works. Apparently they want to begin where Peter Parker began, back in high school and work from there all over again and will be in theaters in 2012. There have been many quotes, interviews, and reasonings behind this call to action after the jump… Continue reading

Spider-Man 4 on Hiatus

How sad is this news. Wah Wah. Apparently there is writer conflicts within the development of the fourth installment of the Spider-Man franchise. Mr. Raimi does not like the latest script development and is having conflicts with Sony. You see, Sam Raimi wants the Vulture to be the main villain played by John Malkovich along with the Vulturess played by Anne Hathaway. Continue reading

Bruce Campbell: Much Ado About Spider-Man 4

spider-man-4-poster

At the premiere for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs on Saturday, Bruce Campbell told Access Hollywood that Spider-Man 4 will start shooting in January 2010 and that he’ll have a larger part:

Continue reading

Supermax: The Green Arrow Story?

supermax_prison-in-united-states

Apparently, Sony has bought the script of Supermax, an original story based on the superhero, The Green Arrow.

Bloody Disgusting states: Supermax takes place in a Maximum Security Prison for the Super-Natural as a skilled guard must join forces with a lethal inmate after a riot ensues in order to fight his way through various monsters and mad-men in order to survive.

This story sounds like a really cool concept if they can get the cast right, set the tone from the very beginning and get a solid story. Now this story, actually, sounds like the Green Arrow story will be on hold and this Supermax film will be its own story. Whatever the case is, I want a good movie out of this story. I am intrigued and production should be starting early 2010. Let’s pray this doesn’t go to waste.

And I’ll Form The Head………

voltron

Voltron is still underway. The people at Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven, Richard Suckle and Steve Alexander are set to developing this beloved 80’s classic cartoon. RiskBizBlog reports, “The producers behind Get Smart and The International (and Roven of course also produced The Dark Knight) have acquired the rights to make a live-action feature based on the robot-lion property, pushing the project forward after several years in development with the Mark Gordon Company. Atlas’ ‘Voltron’ has not yet been set up at a studio. The company has an overall deal with Sony, which  like other studios has been seeking a fresh action tentpole to rival Paramount’s Transformers mega-franchise.”