Officially at 10am PST “Operation Early Bird” revealed itself to everyone. What we got were coordinates and dates to early screenings for the prologue of The Dark Knight Rises, which is roughly around six to eight minutes long. Keep reading to find out the locations and how to get your ticket!
Well I got what I wished for, no early trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, but “Operation Early Bird” feels like a let down. It didn’t end up giving anything huge and it didn’t really give fans anything fun to do. What it did do was give an opportunity to get an early screening of the prologue before Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol releases December 16.
If anyone had headed over to OperationEarlyBird.com this morning they were confronted with a map with two entry slots and a submit button. Doing some detective work, it may have lead you to go check out TheDarkKnightRises.com, which has been turned into just an audio track that was spouting off numbers. These numbers turned out to be coordinates to enter which revealed the early screenings at the 60 different IMAX locations listed below.
To get your tickets just head on over to OperationEarlyBird.com and click on your location. It will take you to GoFoBo.com and from what I’m hearing it is first come first serve with no limit to who can show up (not confirmed). Good luck to those who dare attempt to make their way to the theaters on that day.
Update: Cities are turning orange on the map, which I assumed would mean they sold out, but I was still able to get tickets to the theater location. It may just mean it’s a hot spot and the most sought out locations thus far. So it appears there is still no limit to how many GoFoBo are shelling out.
Update #2: It appears the screenings are limited and I’m sure they are overbooked, but if your city is in red then the screening is full.
Here is the list of the 44 locations in the US where you can see The Dark Knight Rises prologue early on Tuesday, December 13:
- Austin, TX – IMAX Theater Austin
- Birmingham, AL – McWane IMAX
- Boston, MA – Simons IMAX (New England Aquarium)
- Boston, MA – Jordan’s IMAX – Natick
- Boston, MA – IMAX 3D Theatre in Reading – Reading
- Chantilly, VA/Washington, DC – Udvar-Hazy Center IMAX
- Charlotte, NC – Discovery Place IMAX
- Chicago, IL – Navy Pier IMAX Theatre – Chicago
- Des Moines, IA – SCI IMAX Dome Theater
- Detroit, MI – Henry Ford IMAX – Dearborn
- Fort Worth, TX – Museum of Science & History (OMNI)
- Harrisburg, PA – Whitaker Center for Science & the Arts
- Houston, TX – Houston Marqee Stadium 22 + IMAX
- Huntsville, AL – Spacedome Theater
- Indianapolis – White River IMAX – Indianapolis
- Los Angeles, CA – Irvine Spectrum 20 + IMAX – Irvine
- Los Angeles, CA – RAVE 18 + IMAX – Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, CA – Ontario Palace Stadium 22 + IMAX – Ontario
- Los Angeles, CA – Citywalk Stadium 19 with IMAX – Universal City
- Madison, WI – Star 18 Fitchburg with IMAX – Fitchburg
- Miami, FL – AutoNation IMAX – Fort Lauderdale
- Minneapolis, MN – Great Clips IMAX – Apple Valley
- Nashville,TN – Opry Mills Stadium 20 + IMAX
- New York, NY – Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX – New York
- New York, NY – Palisades IMAX – West Nyack
- Norwalk, CT – Maritime Aquarium IMAX
- Omaha, NE – Star Cinema 16 with IMAX – Council Bluffs, IA
- Orlando, FL – Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 + IMAX
- Palm Springs – Desert IMAX Theatre – Cathedral City, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA – Carnegie Science Center – Rangos IMAX
- Philadelphia, PA – IMAX & the Tropicana – Atlantic City
- Philadelphia, PA – Tuttleman IMAX – Franklin Institute
- Phoenix, AZ – Arizona Mills 25 with IMAX – Tempe
- Portland, OR – Oregon Museum of Science & Industry
- Providence, RI – Providence Place 16 with IMAX
- Richmond, VA – Science Museum of Virginia
- Sacramento, CA – Esquire IMAX
- San Antonio, TX – IMAX at RiverCenter
- San Francisco, CA – Metreon 16 with IMAX & ETX – San Francisco
- San Jose, CA – The Tech Museum of Innovation, Hackworth IMAX
- Seattle, WA – Boeing IMAX–Pacific Science Center
- Spokane, WA – Riverfront Park IMAX
- Tampa, FL – Museum of Science and Industry
- Washington D.C. – Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Here is the list of the 12 locations in Canada:
- Edmonton, AB – Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton – Edmonton
- Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Theatre Chinook 16 – Calgary
- Montreal, QC – Cinema Banque Scotia Montreal
- Ottawa, ON – Silvercity Gloucester + IMAX
- Quebec City, QC – IMAX Le Theatre At Quebec
- Toronto, ON – Coliseum 12 Mississauga + IMAX – Mississauga
- Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Theatre Toronto + IMAX
- Toronto, ON – Colossus 18 Woodbridge + IMAX
- Vancouver, BC – Colossus Langley + IMAX – Langley
- Vancouver, BC – Silvercity Riverport 18 + IMAX – Richmond
- Victoria, BC – National Geographic IMAX Theatre
- Winnipeg, MB – IMAX Theatre at Portage Place
Here are the U.K. theaters:
- UK – BFI London – London
- UK – National Media Museum IMAX – Bradford
- UK – Glasgow Science Centre IMAX Cinema – Glasgow
- UK – Odeon Manchester IMAX @ The Printworks – Manchester
If you are not looking to join the crazies on the first come first serve early screenings of The Dark Knight Rises prologue, you can head on over to Screen Rant for the locations of the Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol IMAX locations when it hits theaters December 16. There will be a few less theaters showing the prologue before Ghost Protocol most likely due to them being just aquariums or other things and not showing the film in the first place, making this early screening a special event for them.
From what I know, The Dark Knight Rises will be set eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, but this prologue starts out practically right after the end of where we left off. So what my theory is is that once the prologue surfaces we may be given a lot of in-depth clues to what may happen between the prologue and the eight-year time frame from which The Dark Knight Rises will be set.
Hopefully they’ll continue with a few more viral hints before next week’s premiere rather than leave audiences stagnant and out in the cold. The main concern is whether or not this viral marketing campaign will keep on going strong after the prologue has been shown.
Thanks again to Screen Rant for the help on the screen listings.