From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too. Check out our photo gallery from Saturday after the break. Continue reading
From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too.
Observations that occurred:
- Her character was only announced earlier this year and already Spider-Gwen has become a widely popular character
- There were a lot fewer Attack on Titan fans in Scout Regiment garb than I am using to seeing at cons
- However, Kill la Kill has definitely blown up over the past year
- Although I didn’t get any pics of them, there were quite a lot of Korras I saw running around in the distance
- Game of Thrones and DC Comics’ characters were the most seen on Saturday, enough so that that they formed their own gatherings in the fountain plaza
- Big Hero 6, especially Honey Lemon, has also become a very beloved character to cosplay
- Aside from the Griff Tanen, I was surprised by the lack of Back to the Future cosplayer as it’s 2015
- Elsa from Frozen has become the new Slave Leia
- I didn’t see any Trekkies?
- The Walking Dead cosplayers from Reel Guise resemble their actor counterparts too eerily close. You might recall seeing the Carol on Talking Dead if you watch it
- And of course the Deadpools were Deadpooling
And from the images below, you’ll notice that some cosplayers are acting out of character. That’s because, either last year or the year before, I figured that as much fun as people have creating their outfits and becoming the characters they are also fans too. So to humanize the whole culture of cosplay I’ve been asking them to pose out of character in either wacky poses or making silly derp faces. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike.
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at email@example.com]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Sunday >HERE<]
We hope you enjoy our WonderCon 2015 cosplay photo gallery!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- Ariel (Blue Dress) – Miss Lily Leroi
- The Walking Dead Group – Reel Guise
- Attack on Titan Group – The Survey Corps Dance Crew
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) – Miranda Turner
- Lady Hades (w/ Captain Planet Group) – Elizabeth Rage
- Jubilee – Chibi Haku
- Shauna and Dawn (Pokemon) – 4 Itchy Tasty!
- Assassin’s Creed – X-Men Crossover – Wolverine (candacerenee86) and Black Widow (ariel_amora)
- Sir Ariel (Little Merman) – ChrisVillain
- Sheriff Rick Grimes – themikewojcik
- Fem Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon) – Miss Kimmy White
- Miss Sinister – Castrometer
- Aliens’ Drake and Vasquez – Infamous Duane and Sin Fisted
- Alice and Mad Hatter / The Joker – The Adventure Effect / Gasper Gray
- Fix-it Felix Jr. Crossplay – Sarah S.
- Lizzie McGuire – Caroline F.
- Black Canary w/ leg tattoo – Lynn Michele
- Cowboy Bebop – Spike Spiegel (J.j. Phi) & Faye Valentine (Luna Ley)
- Princess Mononoke – Maka Monture
- Elle Driver and Gogo (Kill Bill) – Ina and Jiller
- Spring Anna and Kristoff w/ Snowgies – Nerds Doing Stuff aka WhateverShakesYourBoat and RobbyShuttles
- Spring Queen Elsa – Lindsay Elyse
- Spider-Gwen (Latex Suit) – Melodie Gore
- Roxanne (The Goofy Movie) – Stay Classy Cosplay
- Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales – CorruptedLeyLey and TakingBackMighty
- Punished Snake – Ozmundus
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
The valiant attendees of WonderCon 2014 arrived to Anaheim, CA in a spectacular display of cosplay this past Easter weekend. No genre or medium was left unturned as cosplayers from far and wide proved their fandom to the fullest. From Doctor Who to Adventure Time to Assassin’s Creed to Star Wars, WonderCon 2014 was a great weekend to be a cosplayer. Check out the full gallery of over 200 images after the break. Continue reading
Empty your wallets and check your bank accounts, it’s time to see what’s Now Available To Own for the week of September 24, 2013. Each week we run down new releases in movies, television series, and video games that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. On shelves this week, you can find titles such as Iron Man 3, The Kings of Summer, V/H/S/2, Hannibal Season 1, Modern Family Season 4, FIFA 14, and More. Check out the complete list of new releases after the jump. Continue reading
When it comes to an epic film series, you may have a strong case in stating that the second film is the strongest. The Empire Strikes Back, T2: Judgement Day, X2: X-Men United, Spider-Man 2, Aliens, and The Godfather: Part 2 just to name a few. And The Dark Knight is no different. Taking a look back at the film that single-handedly put Christopher Nolan in the spotlight and paved the way for The Dark Knight Rises. After four years of its release, I review The Dark Knight. Continue reading
Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy is coming to an end July 20, 2012, and a very talented fan, DeviantArtist Alexander Stojanov, created three posters of each of the Batman saga inspired by the Blade Runner posters drawn by Drew Struzan. Now the poster above may seem awfully familiar to you and it has nothing to do with Blade Runner; I’ll show you why and the other two brilliant posters after the break!
Whenever I hear the title of the movie spoken within the movie I always have the urge to say, “DING!” Sometimes movie titles within the movie can be used as a great device for comedy i.e. Hot Tub Time Machine, but most of the time it is either an idea or it just references the plot in some certain way. YouTube user, honsco, has edited a great little video with 81 films that utilize their title within itself. Check out the fun video after the break!
According to all who went to Comic Con to see the Book of Eli panel, someone questioend Mr. Oldman about the anticipated Dark Knight sequel. Apparently it will begin production next year, but when?
“I think the next Batman is next year,” he told a fan who asked about when the long-awaited “Dark Knight” follow-up would hit, “We start shooting next year. You didn’t hear that from me.” – Oldman
I’ll give it props. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince reigns supreme being the largest midnight opener with $22.2 million. This beats the original records from The Dark Knight’s $18 mil and the 2nd place Revenge of the Sith‘s $17 mil. It also stomped out the largest grossing midnight box office champion of the year, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, with its $16 million. This movie could possibly destroy all domestic records with that kind of showing or perhaps just everyone showed up last night? Who knows. The domestic 5 day record is still The Dark Knight with $203.8 and in 2nd place Revenge of the Fallen with $201.3 million. Could Mr. Potter triumph over all? Go to the theaters and maybe it will happen………