Thor: The Dark World‘s favorite step brothers, Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Loki (Tom Hiddleston), have just been announced to arrive on home video February 25, with a special Digital 3D and HD release on February 4. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is pulling out all of the stops with a slew of special features, particularly in the anticipation for Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Check out the details for the bonus features and the 3D Blu-ray cover art after the break.
Pleasantly action packed, witty, and a wonderful expansion of the mythology, Thor: The Dark World is yet another hit from Marvel Studios (review here). The Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to take big risks with big return on investment for both the studios and fans. This sequel was the most crucial piece to the MCU puzzle and the team at Marvel nails it. The Dark World was fun in theaters and should have much rewatchability at home.
The Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray and DVD contain the following special features:
- Never-Before-Seen Extended and Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- Exclusive Look – Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Get an exclusive first look at the latest installment in the Captain America franchise and its incredible cast of characters, including Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Director Nick Fury, Chris Evans, our hero Steve Roger’s, his new ally Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon played by Anthony Mackie, and a mysterious enemy from the past…the Winter Soldier played by Sebastian Stan.
- A Brothers’ Journey: Thor & Loki
- In this 30 min feturette go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast as we explore two of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Universe with stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) & Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and journey through the key moments that have defined and endeared these characters to audiences around the world.
- Scoring Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World with Brian Tyler
- Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers and acclaimed composer Brian Tyler for a look at the creation of the movie’s stunning original score.
- Audio Commentary with Director Alan Taylor, Producer Kevin Feige, Actor Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Cinematographer Kramer Morgenthau
- And More…
Anyone unfamiliar with the plot of Thor: The Dark World can read it here, courtesy of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment:
Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World continues the big screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos… but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Thor: The Dark World releases on home video 3D Combo Pack, Blu-Ray, DVD and Select Digital Retailers on February 25, 2014.
Follow TTRC on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr to get all the news and updates on your favorite movies, games, TV shows, and more.
Find me on the Twitter @TyRawrrnosaurus