It can’t be stated enough, 2013 was an amazing year for entertainment. Of course there were many stinkers and sadly a handful of disappointments, but overall it was an entertaining year if you like movies. I’ve given you the films that had surprised me, and now I am here to present my top 10 favorites of 2013. There were many wonderful releases, but none clicked with me more than these 10 I’m about to share with you.
It was very difficult to narrow down just 10 – as you can see by my honorable mentions below – and it took me hours upon hours to determine and finalize this beast. If you’re looking for my opinion on the best of the best of the best, I’ll have that in my upcoming Oscars predictions post. The big 10 resonated with me on a completely different level.
These are the films I could watch over and over again and recommend to my friends and peers in confidence. There’s something about these 10 movies that you could say correlated with me with where I am in my life. But I’ll leave that up to your interpretation – it’s more fun that way. I hope you enjoy my list as much as I enjoyed watching these. If you see any of these please let me know what you thought.
Movies I wish I saw, but hadn’t had the chance, time, or opportunity to: The Hunt, The Past, The Wind Rises, and We Are What We Are.
Here are my Honorable Mentions:
- V/H/S/2: A glorious anthology sequel that elevates the horror genre
- The Spectacular Now: Astounding display of acting by two young, gifted stars
- Much Ado About Nothing: Tons of fun once you’re use to the Shakespearean speak
- Europa Report: A terrific tale true fans of science fiction will love
- Blue Jasmine: Cate Blanchett gives a performance of a lifetime
- Drinking Buddies: Delightful, funny, relatable, caring, and sweet
- This Thing with Sarah: An SDFF favorite with a good cast and witty script
- Gravity: The best experience you will ever have in a movie theater, so far
- Monsters University: Beautifully animated, a pleasure to see Mike and Sulley again
- Instructions Not Included: ¡Muy divertido!
- Dallas Buyers Club: Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto FTW
- August: Osage County: Brilliant cast chemistry and storytelling
- American Hustle: Another David O. Russell classic
- The Wolf of Wall Street: Scorsese and DiCaprio at their finest
- Don Jon: Sexy, hilarious, and smart (Review)