It’s getting to be that time of year again when geeks and nerds start hunting down the perfect article of clothing, put last minute touches on props before convention season begins. Acquired by Fan Expo and taking place in an all new venue, the Dallas Comic Con is four times larger than previous years. Already, the celebrity guest list is incredibly impressive with almost the entire cast of Firefly/Serenity, Star Trek: The Next Generation cast members, and of course the amazing Stan Lee. You’ll find the list of celebrities expected to appear after the jump.
Although this is only my second comic convention that I will have attended, I could not be more excited. My first taste into the world of cons started in Chicago last year. While it was fun and super interesting to see everyone cosplaying, I was a little overwhelmed with everything going on as I tried to to take it all in at once which left me feeling like I missed a lot. Thankfully, since I have moved to Dallas, I have found a perfect geek counterpart who has eagerly agreed to attend, and even cosplay with me (you will just have to wait and see what our costumes are). For me, seeing everyone in cosplay is one of the best parts, no one is judged on how their costume looks and they are honored for the love of their creativity.
Last year when I attended Wizard World’s Chicago Comic Con, I went on Friday night which is usually not the best and rarely will you find celebrities attending. However, this year I am attending on a Saturday and can not wait for all of the attending personalities. Still debating on whether or not I will stand in line for autographs but hoping I can work out some interviews. Obviously the most anticipated celebrity is Stan Lee; however, a close second(s) is the cast of Firefly/Serenity with talk still in the work with Gina Torres (Zoe Washburne).
Here’s an an official statement from Fan Expo:
From a 30th anniversary original cast reunion of A Nightmare on Elm Street to reunions of Firefly/Serenity and seven of the principle cast from Star Trek: The Next Generation, Dallas Comic Con has one of the most stellar celebrity guest lists for any pop culture convention in the world. Icons Stan Lee, Nathan Fillion, William Shatner, Judd Nelson, Christopher Lloyd, Judge Reinhold and not to mention cast from The Walking Dead, anime stars Dragonball’s Colleen Clinkenbeard to Adventure Times’ Jeremy Shada; and classic celebrities like Godzilla’s Akira Takarada make for an experience that guests of Dallas Comic Con won’t soon forget.
Dallas Comic Con guests include:
- William Shatner (Star Trek)
- Stan Lee (Spider-Man, X-Men)
- Robert Englund, Amanda Wyss, Heather Langenkamp, John Saxon (30th anniversary reunion of original cast of A Nightmare on Elm Street)
- Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Gina Torres, Morena Baccarin, Alan Tudyk, Summer Glau, Jewel Staite, Ron Glass, Sean Maher (Firefly/Serenity cast reunion)
- Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, LeVar Burton, Marina Sirtis, John De Lancie, Brent Spiner, Denise Crosby (Seven principle cast members of Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Michael Rooker, David Morrissey, Emily Kinney, Denise Crosby (The Walking Dead)
- Judd Nelson (St. Elmo’s Fire, The Breakfast Club)
- Christopher Llyod (Back to the Future, Addams Family)
- Akira Takarada (Godzilla/Mothra vs. Godzilla)
- Judge Reinhold (Beverly Hills Cop/Fast Times at Ridgemont High)
- Alice Cooper (Shock Rock Legend)
Dallas Comic Con will be held May 16-18, 2014 at the Dallas Convention Center.