Now available to own titles for the week of January 19, 2016 are Straight Outta Compton, The Intern, Everest, Jem and the Holograms, and more Continue reading
Tag Archives: 12 Monkeys
Complete Comic-Con 2015 Television Panels Schedule
Most would say we are in the Golden Age of television. Everywhere you look there’s a new superhero show emerging or a fun genre bending procedural popping up. There are a smorgasbord of TV series on every channel for everyone, and fortunately for Comic-Con 2015 attendees there will be a bounty of panels to attend. The Comic-Con 2015 television panels include the likes of HBO’s Game of Thrones, AMC’s The Walking Dead, ABC’s Once Upon a Time, TNT’s The Last Ship, Fox’s Gotham, The CW’s Arrow, MTV’s Scream, and the highly anticipated Supergirl from CBS. And don’t forget the popular animated series such as Archer, Bob’s Burgers, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, and more. Check out the full list of panels below:
Preview Night Comic-Con 2015 Television Panels
6:00pm – 10:00pm Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings – Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue their annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015-16 television season. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl – In the vast DC Comics Universe of superheroes, the rich mythology of Superman, the planet Krypton and the House of El is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born Kara Zor-El on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Protected and raised by her adopted family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to hide the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin. Years later, at age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her bioengineer sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world. Her foes include both a sinister extraterrestrial menace and the high-tech terrestrial threat of clever villains with powerful weaponry. The series stars Melissa Benoist (Whiplash, Glee), Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy), and Mehcad Brooks (True Blood), with David Harewood (Homeland) and Calista Flockhart (Brothers & Sisters), and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti (The Flash, Arrow), Ali Adler (Chuck), Andrew Kreisberg (The Flash, Arrow) and Sarah Schechter (Pan, The Flash). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supergirl premieres Mondays at 8/7c on CBS this November.
- Blindspot – Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton plays hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos…including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map found in Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations-the information they uncover might ultimately change the world. In addition to Stapleton and Alexander, the series stars Rob Brown (Treme), Audrey Esparza (Public Morals), Ukweli Roach (Eternal Law), Ashley Johnson (The Killing), and Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Without a Trace). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television Blindspot premieres this fall Mondays at 10/9c on NBC.
- Containment – When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection but also isolation, fear, and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise. Containment stars David Gyasi (Interstellar), Christina Moses (How We Met), Chris Wood (The Vampire Diaries), Kristen Gutoskie, Claudia Black (The Originals), George Young, Hanna Mangan Lawrence ( Spartacus: Vengeance), and Trevor St. John (One Life to Live). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Containment is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals) and David Nutter (The Flash, Arrow).
- Lucifer – Lucifer is the story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, for the first time in roughly 10 billion years, he feels something awaken deep within him. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now. Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer stars Tom Ellis (Rush), Lauren German (Chicago Fire), DB Woodside (24, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus series), Nicholas Gonzalez (Sleepy Hollow), Scarlett Estevez, and Rachael Harris (The Hangover) and is executive produced by Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean films), Jonathan Littman (CSI series), Tom Kapinos (Californication), Ildy Modrovich (Necessary Roughness), Len Wiseman (Underworld films), and Joe Henderson (Almost Human). From Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Aggressive Mediocrity in association with Warner Bros. Television, and based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg for DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint, Lucifer premieres Midseason on FOX.
- Teen Titans Go! – The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower and Warner Bros has you covered by screening a brand-new episode. Based on DC Comics characters and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Teen Titans Go! airs Thursdays at 6/5c on Cartoon Network.
Continue reading for Friday’s Comic-Con 2015 Television Panels Schedule–>
Coming Soon to Blu-Ray and DVD: The Imitation Game, Into the Woods, The Voices, Taken 3, and More
We’ve got another full week of home video release announcements to share with you Coming Soon to Blu-ray and DVD. While we provide you with a list of releases Now Available to Own every Tuesday, Coming Soon looks at all of the pre-order announcements. For the week of February 28, 2015, Into the Woods, The Imitation Game, The Voices, Taken 3, and more have been given release dates. Find out when they’ll be out and what special features they’ll have after the break. Continue reading