See Deadpools milking other Deadpools and Spider-Man atop Captain America’s shoulders from our WonderCon 2017 cosplay outtakes gallery Continue reading
From Stranger Things to Overwatch, check out all of the wonderful cosplay from WonderCon 2017 in Anaheim, CA. Continue reading
Another epic SDCC has come and gone. Check out all of the wonderful cosplayers we encountered at Comic-Con 2016 in all of their costumed glory! Continue reading
Most would say we are in the Golden Age of television. Everywhere you look there’s a new superhero show emerging or a fun genre bending procedural popping up. There are a smorgasbord of TV series on every channel for everyone, and fortunately for Comic-Con 2015 attendees there will be a bounty of panels to attend. The Comic-Con 2015 television panels include the likes of HBO’s Game of Thrones, AMC’s The Walking Dead, ABC’s Once Upon a Time, TNT’s The Last Ship, Fox’s Gotham, The CW’s Arrow, MTV’s Scream, and the highly anticipated Supergirl from CBS. And don’t forget the popular animated series such as Archer, Bob’s Burgers, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, and more. Check out the full list of panels below:
Preview Night Comic-Con 2015 Television Panels
6:00pm – 10:00pm Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings – Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue their annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015-16 television season. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl – In the vast DC Comics Universe of superheroes, the rich mythology of Superman, the planet Krypton and the House of El is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born Kara Zor-El on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Protected and raised by her adopted family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to hide the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin. Years later, at age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her bioengineer sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world. Her foes include both a sinister extraterrestrial menace and the high-tech terrestrial threat of clever villains with powerful weaponry. The series stars Melissa Benoist (Whiplash, Glee), Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy), and Mehcad Brooks (True Blood), with David Harewood (Homeland) and Calista Flockhart (Brothers & Sisters), and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti (The Flash, Arrow), Ali Adler (Chuck), Andrew Kreisberg (The Flash, Arrow) and Sarah Schechter (Pan, The Flash). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supergirl premieres Mondays at 8/7c on CBS this November.
- Blindspot – Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton plays hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos…including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map found in Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations-the information they uncover might ultimately change the world. In addition to Stapleton and Alexander, the series stars Rob Brown (Treme), Audrey Esparza (Public Morals), Ukweli Roach (Eternal Law), Ashley Johnson (The Killing), and Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Without a Trace). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television Blindspot premieres this fall Mondays at 10/9c on NBC.
- Containment – When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection but also isolation, fear, and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise. Containment stars David Gyasi (Interstellar), Christina Moses (How We Met), Chris Wood (The Vampire Diaries), Kristen Gutoskie, Claudia Black (The Originals), George Young, Hanna Mangan Lawrence ( Spartacus: Vengeance), and Trevor St. John (One Life to Live). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Containment is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals) and David Nutter (The Flash, Arrow).
- Lucifer – Lucifer is the story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, for the first time in roughly 10 billion years, he feels something awaken deep within him. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now. Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer stars Tom Ellis (Rush), Lauren German (Chicago Fire), DB Woodside (24, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus series), Nicholas Gonzalez (Sleepy Hollow), Scarlett Estevez, and Rachael Harris (The Hangover) and is executive produced by Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean films), Jonathan Littman (CSI series), Tom Kapinos (Californication), Ildy Modrovich (Necessary Roughness), Len Wiseman (Underworld films), and Joe Henderson (Almost Human). From Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Aggressive Mediocrity in association with Warner Bros. Television, and based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg for DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint, Lucifer premieres Midseason on FOX.
- Teen Titans Go! – The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower and Warner Bros has you covered by screening a brand-new episode. Based on DC Comics characters and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Teen Titans Go! airs Thursdays at 6/5c on Cartoon Network.
And on the third day, Easter Day, WonderCon cosplayers did not rest. They were not finished with their work as one final day of the con was left to explore and enjoy. There were a good handful of creative Easter Bunny/Jesus cosplay parodies roaming the Anaheim Convention Center. And like Saturday at WonderCon, from a legion of Deadpools to Warrior Disney Princesses, Sunday was also full of really inspiring fans who put in a lot of time into their costumes.
Observations that occurred:
- I find X-23 and Psylocke to be my favorite of the X-Men cosplays I see at conventions, for reasons. Kitty Pryde is also great.
- Cosplayers who dress up as Valka from How to Train Your Dragon 2 go all out.
- Deadpool cosplayers ran amok more on Sunday compared to Saturday. I’m sure it had something to do with Easter, obviously…
- We need more Fullmetal Alchemist cosplayers. C’mon people!
- It’s always nice to see widely popular characters that no one regularly cosplays out in the wild, like Lydia from Beetlejuice or Daria.
- Until this weekend, I never noticed how many people crossplay.
- I saw two Negans running around on Sunday. Fans of The Walking Dead series are in for a treat that only comic readers have been privy too, and I predict we’ll see an influx of that character at cons soon – just like the Governor.
- It was cool to meet Robert Franzese, the real Peter Griffin.
- I’m surprised I didn’t see more appearances from Peggy Carter.
- There were very few Doctor Who fans running around, which is quite abnormal.
- And finally, I hope that after Star Wars Episode VII that people will find someone new to cosplay as other than Boba Fett.
And for those who are reading this for the first time and did not check out our cosplay photo gallery from Saturday at WonderCon 2015: you’ll notice a lot of cosplayers doing goofy poses or making funny, derp faces. I try to make it fun for cosplayers to breakaway from their action poses and bring in a humanizing factor to represent them as fans and people rather than just random people dressing up in costume. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike. I hope you enjoy!
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Saturday >HERE<]
[Note 4: Beware – there is a Game of Thrones Season 4 spoiler within]
Enjoy our WonderCon 2015 Sunday cosplay photo gallery below!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- Fullmetal Alchemist Edward and Winry Rockbell – abeworks343 and happilyeverjenna
- Jake and Finns (Adventure Time) – Elle Tea / Orange Blur / Shimosh
- Eye of Sauron – Claptrap Cosplay
- Dario and Jane Lane – Ina and Jiller
- Fem Hellboy – Holly and Lockheart_Cosplay_
- Princess Auroras – Holly and Heather
- Princess Mononoke w/ knife – Maka Monture
- Woodland Fairy – Kabuki Killer
- Warrior Princess Ariel – Toria Ann
- Jason, Michael Myers, and Leatherface – Brothers of the Mask
- Punk Rock X-Men (Emma Frost, Cyclops, Jean Grey) – Birds of Play
- Spider-Man and dead Gwen Stacy – Alterverse Cosplay
- Black Widow with Batons – Trish Toxic
- Zatanna w/ yellow cummerbund – Elizabeth Smith
- Joffrey Baratheon – Suprdave89
- Margaery Tyrell w/ crown – Lindrella
- Community Carol (The Walking Dead) – Carol.On
- Warrior Princess Aurora – Alana Waffles
- Boba Phat – Aka Ol’ Dirty Boba
- Wolverine – Lonstermash
- Fem Nightwing w/ Male Harley Quinns – K Vo / AlfredHightower / John Phillip
- Fem Terminator T-800 – Nikki Steel
- The Winter Soldier – Infamous Duane
- Mary Jane – Yakara
- Hobbit Group – Fili (lexipresents) / Kili (aschkapowi) / Kili (xiggeh) / Bilbo (deflower_kelley)
- Tatted Wonder Woman – Sin Fisted
- Harley Quinn w/ mallet and pop gun – Mr. PINKSKi Props
- LumberJoker – V3PO
- Two-Face / Joker / Catwoman / Harley Quinn – Lyan / Wickser / Justine / Unknown
- Raven with Deadpools – Corina
- Doctor Who and Companion – Ingrid Tjahyadi
- Wonder Woman with shield and sword – Scarlet Kiss
- Ariel on Wagon with Dinglehopper – Red Velvet Cosplay
- Tauriel – Steff Von Schweetz
- Regan MacNeil (The Exorcist) – Jillian Marie
- Spring Elsa and Anna w/ Jack Frost – Angi Viper / Going Postal / Countess Canterburry
- Jack Frost King – Frostplay
- Battle Bunny Riven – Cyblix
- Psylocke – Lily Lovely
- Attack on Titan (Swag/Yolo) – TheKyojinCake and Amie
- Doctor Who w/ Call Box cosplayers – ComeAlongCosplay
- Shiek – Vittoria agli Assassini
- Levi and Erwin (Attack on Titan) – Buttlet
- Miraculous Ladybug – Narrzi
- Spider-Gwen with Mask and Spider-Man – Maid of Might and Luc Luzzo
- Spider-Gwen on Trash Can – Stevie Martin
- Jurassic Park Ranger – ACatWithABowtie
- Sheriff Woody and Clint Eastwood aka Marty McFly – Captain Jack Heartless and Hollywood Jane
- Kim Possible – SlightlyIdentical
- Five Night’s at Freddy’s and Mako (Kill la Kill) – Eggshell Costuming
- Elsa in Call Box Dress – Chanel Renee
- Ghost Rider – Rockin Psycho
- Battle Snow White – Marie Josephine
- Zatanna w/ Rabbit in Hat – Rian Synnth
- Morrigan Aensland – Xlosah
- Alice in Wonderland w/ Rose – Alex in Wonderland
- Jon Snow – JFmiskatonic
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
And on the third day, Easter Day, WonderCon cosplayers did not rest. They were not finished with their work as one final day of the con was left to explore and enjoy. There were a good handful of creative Easter Bunny/Jesus cosplay parodies roaming the Anaheim Convention Center. And like Saturday at WonderCon, from a legion of Deadpools to Warrior Disney Princesses, Sunday was also full of really inspiring fans who put in a lot of time into their costumes. Check out our photo gallery after the break. Continue reading
It has been recently discovered that the creative duo behind both the incredibly popular Nickelodeon television series Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra have parted ways, creatively. The separation was confirmed at an art show, recently at Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra, California. Learn more about this heartbreaking news after the jump.
San Diego Comic-Con, the mecca for cosplayers from around the globe has sadly come and gone. But we’ve got just the treat for you to relive that special time of year whenever you would like. We met with hundreds of wonderful cosplayers this past SDCC weekend who were kind enough to stop and pose for a picture, and we’d like to share them all with you of course. Check out our full Comic-Con 2014 cosplay photo gallery after the break. Continue reading
If Thursday and Friday did not satisfy your craving of big names coming to SDCC, Saturday will certainly wet your whistle. Comic-Con 2014 has released its Saturday panel schedule, which includes The Hobbit, Mad Max, Gotham, Sailor Moon, Sin City, Marvel Studios, True Blood, Once Upon a Time, and the cosplay Masquerade. Check out the full schedule of panels after the break. Continue reading
The ever amazing attendees of Dallas Comic Con 2014 braved the Texas heat and humidity this past weekend to show off their amazing skills and talent at crafting the perfect cosplay. Fans from across the great plains of Texas and beyond came dressed to the nines in their favorite movie, video games, comic, anime, and TV show characters. Check out the full Dallas Comic Con 2014 cosplay gallery after the break. Continue reading