Embark on the latest journey of TNT’s hit series The Last Ship: The Complete Fourth Season, now available on Blu-ray and DVD today, June 5. From blockbuster filmmaker and executive producer Michael Bay (Transformers franchise; Bad Boys; Armageddon), the fight to save mankind aboard The Navy destroyer U.S.S. Nathan James continues with an all-star cast including Eric Dane, Bridget Regan and Adam Baldwin. Continue reading
Fans can revisit the adventures of “Steven Universe,” Cartoon Network’s Emmy nominated and critically acclaimed animated series when “Steven Universe” The Complete First Season DVD arrives on January 30, 2018. Featuring all 52 captivating episodes and the first time a full season has been available on DVD, relive the episodes that ignited a fierce and dedicated fandom. Continue reading
Most would say we are in the Golden Age of television. Everywhere you look there’s a new superhero show emerging or a fun genre bending procedural popping up. There are a smorgasbord of TV series on every channel for everyone, and fortunately for Comic-Con 2015 attendees there will be a bounty of panels to attend. The Comic-Con 2015 television panels include the likes of HBO’s Game of Thrones, AMC’s The Walking Dead, ABC’s Once Upon a Time, TNT’s The Last Ship, Fox’s Gotham, The CW’s Arrow, MTV’s Scream, and the highly anticipated Supergirl from CBS. And don’t forget the popular animated series such as Archer, Bob’s Burgers, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, and more. Check out the full list of panels below:
Preview Night Comic-Con 2015 Television Panels
6:00pm – 10:00pm Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings – Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue their annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015-16 television season. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl – In the vast DC Comics Universe of superheroes, the rich mythology of Superman, the planet Krypton and the House of El is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born Kara Zor-El on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Protected and raised by her adopted family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to hide the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin. Years later, at age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her bioengineer sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world. Her foes include both a sinister extraterrestrial menace and the high-tech terrestrial threat of clever villains with powerful weaponry. The series stars Melissa Benoist (Whiplash, Glee), Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy), and Mehcad Brooks (True Blood), with David Harewood (Homeland) and Calista Flockhart (Brothers & Sisters), and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti (The Flash, Arrow), Ali Adler (Chuck), Andrew Kreisberg (The Flash, Arrow) and Sarah Schechter (Pan, The Flash). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supergirl premieres Mondays at 8/7c on CBS this November.
- Blindspot – Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton plays hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos…including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map found in Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations-the information they uncover might ultimately change the world. In addition to Stapleton and Alexander, the series stars Rob Brown (Treme), Audrey Esparza (Public Morals), Ukweli Roach (Eternal Law), Ashley Johnson (The Killing), and Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Without a Trace). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television Blindspot premieres this fall Mondays at 10/9c on NBC.
- Containment – When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection but also isolation, fear, and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise. Containment stars David Gyasi (Interstellar), Christina Moses (How We Met), Chris Wood (The Vampire Diaries), Kristen Gutoskie, Claudia Black (The Originals), George Young, Hanna Mangan Lawrence ( Spartacus: Vengeance), and Trevor St. John (One Life to Live). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Containment is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals) and David Nutter (The Flash, Arrow).
- Lucifer – Lucifer is the story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, for the first time in roughly 10 billion years, he feels something awaken deep within him. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now. Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer stars Tom Ellis (Rush), Lauren German (Chicago Fire), DB Woodside (24, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus series), Nicholas Gonzalez (Sleepy Hollow), Scarlett Estevez, and Rachael Harris (The Hangover) and is executive produced by Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean films), Jonathan Littman (CSI series), Tom Kapinos (Californication), Ildy Modrovich (Necessary Roughness), Len Wiseman (Underworld films), and Joe Henderson (Almost Human). From Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Aggressive Mediocrity in association with Warner Bros. Television, and based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg for DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint, Lucifer premieres Midseason on FOX.
- Teen Titans Go! – The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower and Warner Bros has you covered by screening a brand-new episode. Based on DC Comics characters and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Teen Titans Go! airs Thursdays at 6/5c on Cartoon Network.
In the pinnacle fifth season of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars the girls finally discover who ‘A’ is. Or do they? How much more can Hanna (Ashley Benson), Spencer (Troian Bellisario), Emily (Shay Mitchell), Aria (Lucy Hale), and Alison (Sasha Pieterse) take? Only two seasons left until the series finale. In celebration of the sixth season premiering on Tuesday, June 2, we’re giving away a DVD copy of Season 5 for one lucky fan. Find out how you can enter to win this week after the jump. Continue reading
In the pinnacle fifth season of ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars the girls finally discover who ‘A’ is. Or do they? How much more can Hanna (Ashley Benson), Spencer (Troian Bellisario), Emily (Shay Mitchell), Aria (Lucy Hale), and Alison (Sasha Pieterse) take? Only two seasons left until the series finale. In celebration of the sixth season premiering on Tuesday, June 2, we’re giving away a DVD copy of Season 5 for one lucky fan.
[THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. Congratulations to Courtney T.!]
Open to U.S. residents only. This sweepstakes ends on Monday, June 1, 2015 at 12:00 am PST. One lucky winner will be chosen at random and will be announced on that same day. (If you do not respond to our e-mail within 24 hours of us announcing you as the winner another winner will be chosen at random, and so on and so forth.)
Only one entrant per mailing address per giveaway. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
Good luck and thanks for participating!
Special features on the Season 5 DVD of Pretty Little Liars includes:
- Good Girls, Bad Lies: The Stronger PLLs
- Pretty Little Liars: The Guys Are Back!
- Celebrating a Pretty 100th
- Christmas in Rosewood: Designing the Ice Ball
- We Love You to DeAth – Fan Appreciation Episode
- Deleted Scenes
(Click on the images below to enlarge)
Here is the official plot synopsis for Pretty Little Liars (Season 5) courtesy of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment:
Season five of Pretty Little Liars begins in the moments following the epic season four finale, in which Ezra was shot, among other shocking acts and revelations. Alison is alive and back in Rosewood, and everyone is affected by her return — but is she the same Alison after being on the run? Hanna’s ex, Caleb, returns, but he, too, is changed. Plus, how does Mona fit into everything and what is Melissa hiding? With more questions than ever and other familiar faces back in Rosewood, there are now five pretty little liars trying to piece together who has been tormenting them. It’s sure to be another season of emotion, intrigue and nail-biting suspense, with many must-see moments, including the series’ landmark 100th episode.
Created by I. Marlene King, Pretty Little Liars stars Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell, Lucy Hale, Sasha Pieterse, Tyler Blackburn, Holly Marie Combs, Laura Leighton, Chad Lowe, Janel Parrish, Keegan Allen, and Ian Harding.
The complete fifth season will be available to own on DVD Tuesday, June 2, 2015, the same day Season 6 begins on ABC Family at 8/7 pm CST.
ABC has their Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter, Fox has the villains of Gotham, The CW has The Flash and Arrow, and most recently NBC has been laying the groundwork to revive Heroes. So it was only a matter of time until CBS bought a one way ticket on the superhero gravy train. Today, the network unleashed the first trailer for Supergirl in a very long form introduction with over six minutes of footage from the series. Starring Glee’s Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El, you can watch the video after the break. Continue reading
As Easter weekend approaches, so does what we could consider the start of convention season. Kicking things off per usual is WonderCon in Anaheim, CA – the little brother of the internationally famous San Diego Comic-Con. Starting April 3 through 5, Southern California will be invaded by Whovians, Trekkies, and other pop culture aficionados looking to express their inner geek. Friday’s schedule is packed with panels for Back to the Future, The Flash, Gotham, Wayward Pines, The Last Man on Earth, and much more. Check out the full schedule for Friday at WonderCon 2015 after the break. Continue reading
We are giving away a Blu-ray combo pack of The 100 (Season 1) just in time for the Season 2 premiere next week. For those who deem the apocalypse to be a bad thing, not to worry, it’s filled with beautiful people. As one of the more original series on The CW, The 100 is a unique little show to check out. Find out how you can win after the break. Continue reading
The Following Season 2 releases on home video this week, and in celebration we are giving away one Blu-ray combo pack (with DVD and Digital copies). The second season only ended a few months ago, but we know you’ll want to catch up before Season 3 premieres next year. Find out how you can win after the jump. Continue reading
The Vampire Diaries’ sixth season kicks off this Thursday on The CW at 8/7 pm CST. In celebration of this momentous occasion we are going to be giving away the complete fifth season on Blu-ray to one lucky reader. The contest ends on Midnight this Friday. Learn how you can enter for your chance to win after the break! Continue reading