Now available to own titles for the week of February, 2 2016 are Snow White, Bridge of Spies, Batman: Bad Blood, and more. Continue reading
Most would say we are in the Golden Age of television. Everywhere you look there’s a new superhero show emerging or a fun genre bending procedural popping up. There are a smorgasbord of TV series on every channel for everyone, and fortunately for Comic-Con 2015 attendees there will be a bounty of panels to attend. The Comic-Con 2015 television panels include the likes of HBO’s Game of Thrones, AMC’s The Walking Dead, ABC’s Once Upon a Time, TNT’s The Last Ship, Fox’s Gotham, The CW’s Arrow, MTV’s Scream, and the highly anticipated Supergirl from CBS. And don’t forget the popular animated series such as Archer, Bob’s Burgers, Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, and more. Check out the full list of panels below:
Preview Night Comic-Con 2015 Television Panels
6:00pm – 10:00pm Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings – Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue their annual Preview Night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of four of the most highly anticipated series of the 2015-16 television season. Ballroom 20
- Supergirl – In the vast DC Comics Universe of superheroes, the rich mythology of Superman, the planet Krypton and the House of El is perhaps the most famous and instantly recognizable. Enter Supergirl! Born Kara Zor-El on the doomed planet Krypton, the preteen Kara escaped at the same time as the infant Kal-El but didn’t arrive on Earth until many years later after being lost in the Phantom Zone. Protected and raised by her adopted family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex, and learned to hide the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin. Years later, at age 24, living in National City and working as an assistant for Catco Worldwide Media mogul Cat Grant, Kara has spent so many years trying to fit in that she forgot to ever stand out. All that changes when she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be. With the help of Daily Planet photographer James Olsen, her bioengineer sister Alex, and the research of the super-secret, off-the-grid Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO) and its head, Hank Henshaw, who are tasked with keeping the Earth safe from aliens, Kara takes to the skies to protect her world. Her foes include both a sinister extraterrestrial menace and the high-tech terrestrial threat of clever villains with powerful weaponry. The series stars Melissa Benoist (Whiplash, Glee), Chyler Leigh (Grey’s Anatomy), and Mehcad Brooks (True Blood), with David Harewood (Homeland) and Calista Flockhart (Brothers & Sisters), and is executive produced by Greg Berlanti (The Flash, Arrow), Ali Adler (Chuck), Andrew Kreisberg (The Flash, Arrow) and Sarah Schechter (Pan, The Flash). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Supergirl premieres Mondays at 8/7c on CBS this November.
- Blindspot – Sullivan Stapleton (300: Rise of an Empire) and Jaimie Alexander (Thor films) star in Blindspot, a one-hour action thriller from Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Arrow, Pan) and writer/executive producer Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis). Stapleton plays hardened FBI agent Kurt Weller, who is drawn into a complex conspiracy when a naked amnesiac, Jane Doe (Alexander), is found in Times Square covered in a series of cryptic tattoos…including his name on her back. As Weller and his teammates at the FBI begin to investigate the veritable treasure map found in Jane Doe’s tattoos, they are drawn into a high-stakes underworld that twists and turns through a labyrinth of secrets and revelations-the information they uncover might ultimately change the world. In addition to Stapleton and Alexander, the series stars Rob Brown (Treme), Audrey Esparza (Public Morals), Ukweli Roach (Eternal Law), Ashley Johnson (The Killing), and Marianne Jean-Baptiste (Without a Trace). From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television Blindspot premieres this fall Mondays at 10/9c on NBC.
- Containment – When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection but also isolation, fear, and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise. Containment stars David Gyasi (Interstellar), Christina Moses (How We Met), Chris Wood (The Vampire Diaries), Kristen Gutoskie, Claudia Black (The Originals), George Young, Hanna Mangan Lawrence ( Spartacus: Vengeance), and Trevor St. John (One Life to Live). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, Containment is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals) and David Nutter (The Flash, Arrow).
- Lucifer – Lucifer is the story of the original fallen angel. Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, Lucifer Morningstar has resigned his throne and retired to the City of Angels, where he owns an upscale piano bar called Lux. When a beautiful pop star is murdered, for the first time in roughly 10 billion years, he feels something awaken deep within him. Is he actually capable of feelings for a human being? The very thought disturbs him. The murder attracts the attention of LAPD homicide detective Chloe Dancer, who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer. At the same time, God’s emissary, the angel Amenadiel, has been sent to Los Angeles to convince Lucifer to return to Hell. But with the City of Angels at his feet and a newfound purpose, Lucifer’s having too much fun to go back now. Sexy, dark and irreverent, Lucifer stars Tom Ellis (Rush), Lauren German (Chicago Fire), DB Woodside (24, Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Lesley-Ann Brandt (Spartacus series), Nicholas Gonzalez (Sleepy Hollow), Scarlett Estevez, and Rachael Harris (The Hangover) and is executive produced by Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean films), Jonathan Littman (CSI series), Tom Kapinos (Californication), Ildy Modrovich (Necessary Roughness), Len Wiseman (Underworld films), and Joe Henderson (Almost Human). From Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Aggressive Mediocrity in association with Warner Bros. Television, and based on characters created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg for DC Entertainment’s Vertigo imprint, Lucifer premieres Midseason on FOX.
- Teen Titans Go! – The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower and Warner Bros has you covered by screening a brand-new episode. Based on DC Comics characters and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Teen Titans Go! airs Thursdays at 6/5c on Cartoon Network.
Brace your bank accounts, it’s time to see what’s Now Available to Own for the week of June 2, 2015. Every Tuesday we run down new movie, television, and video game releases that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home, as well as some slick deals that can save you some coin. New on shelves this week are Focus, The Wire, Parks & Recreation, Pretty Little Liars, and more which you can find after the jump. Continue reading
WonderCon 2015’s schedule continues with the unveiling of Saturday’s big panels. The second day of the con in Anaheim, CA is packed full of big panels, including a first look at TNT’s The Last Airship; a Q&A with the stars and producers of Fox’s Gotham; Walt Disney Animation Studios explores the world of Big Hero 6; Warner Bros. will be providing an inside look at Mad Max: Fury Road; and Blumhouse Productions will be showcasing footage from Unfriended and Insidious: Chapter 3. Check out the full Saturday schedule for WonderCon 2015 after the break. Continue reading
And you thought Comic-Con 2014 was heating up with Community, Paramount Pictures, and Sony Pictures on Thursday? Friday’s schedule of panels for SDCC come in hot and heavy with the likes of Game of Thrones, The Legend of Korra, The Walking Dead, Kevin Smith, Bones, Agents of SHIELD, Arrow, and much much more! Check out the full line-up after the break. Continue reading
Prepare your bank accounts, it’s time to see what’s Now Available to Own for the week of June 3, 2014. Each week we run down new releases in movies, television series, and video games that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. On shelves this week, you can find titles such as Lone Survivor, RoboCop, Workaholics, True Blood, and more. Check out the complete list of new releases and see if you should buy, rent, or pass ’em after the jump. Continue reading
Saturday’s schedule for WonderCon 2014 is filled to the brim with amazing panels that will tide you over until San Diego Comic-Con this summer. Big studio panels from Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, and 20th Century Fox are bringing some of this year’s most anticipated films, such as X-Men: Days of Future Past and The Maze Runner. If fans want to avoid the big panels, there are advanced screenings of Orphan Black, Once Upon a Time, The Blacklist. But I know what you’re really looking forward to is a sneak peak at The Hobbit: There and Back Again. Check out the full program schedule after the break. Continue reading
Things are heating up on the second day of Comic-Con 2013. With Sony Pictures and Screen Gems taking the lead with movie presentations, along with a big appearance by Metallica, SDCC has only getting started. You can also expect panels panels from The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Assassin’s Creed 4, Adventure Time, Falling Skies, and more. Check out the full schedule of panels for Friday, July 19 after the break. Continue reading
Day 2 of WonderCon goes bigger with panels on Evil Dead, Pacific Rim, and This is the End. There’s a great panel on horror movie music, which includes discussion from composer Tyler Bates. Capcom is also hosting their own panel to talk about Remember Me, Lost Planet 3, Resident Evil: Revelations, Darkstalkers Resurrection, and more. And a fun 20th anniversary panel for the loveable Animaniacs will be in full force. See the complete schedule of panels and events for Saturday at WonderCon 2013 after the break. Continue reading
As my psychic abilities hone in, the above picture is in reference to what will happen during Friday’s Comic-Con panel for The Walking Dead. Sony Entertainment is in force this Friday with Total Recall, Elysium, and Looper! But AMC will fight back if TWD isn’t enough with their Breaking Bad panel. Lots of good stuff all around, check out after the jump what else is in store! Continue reading