From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too. Check out our photo gallery from Saturday after the break. Continue reading
From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too.
Observations that occurred:
- Her character was only announced earlier this year and already Spider-Gwen has become a widely popular character
- There were a lot fewer Attack on Titan fans in Scout Regiment garb than I am using to seeing at cons
- However, Kill la Kill has definitely blown up over the past year
- Although I didn’t get any pics of them, there were quite a lot of Korras I saw running around in the distance
- Game of Thrones and DC Comics’ characters were the most seen on Saturday, enough so that that they formed their own gatherings in the fountain plaza
- Big Hero 6, especially Honey Lemon, has also become a very beloved character to cosplay
- Aside from the Griff Tanen, I was surprised by the lack of Back to the Future cosplayer as it’s 2015
- Elsa from Frozen has become the new Slave Leia
- I didn’t see any Trekkies?
- The Walking Dead cosplayers from Reel Guise resemble their actor counterparts too eerily close. You might recall seeing the Carol on Talking Dead if you watch it
- And of course the Deadpools were Deadpooling
And from the images below, you’ll notice that some cosplayers are acting out of character. That’s because, either last year or the year before, I figured that as much fun as people have creating their outfits and becoming the characters they are also fans too. So to humanize the whole culture of cosplay I’ve been asking them to pose out of character in either wacky poses or making silly derp faces. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike.
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at email@example.com]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Sunday >HERE<]
We hope you enjoy our WonderCon 2015 cosplay photo gallery!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- Ariel (Blue Dress) – Miss Lily Leroi
- The Walking Dead Group – Reel Guise
- Attack on Titan Group – The Survey Corps Dance Crew
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) – Miranda Turner
- Lady Hades (w/ Captain Planet Group) – Elizabeth Rage
- Jubilee – Chibi Haku
- Shauna and Dawn (Pokemon) – 4 Itchy Tasty!
- Assassin’s Creed – X-Men Crossover – Wolverine (candacerenee86) and Black Widow (ariel_amora)
- Sir Ariel (Little Merman) – ChrisVillain
- Sheriff Rick Grimes – themikewojcik
- Fem Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon) – Miss Kimmy White
- Miss Sinister – Castrometer
- Aliens’ Drake and Vasquez – Infamous Duane and Sin Fisted
- Alice and Mad Hatter / The Joker – The Adventure Effect / Gasper Gray
- Fix-it Felix Jr. Crossplay – Sarah S.
- Lizzie McGuire – Caroline F.
- Black Canary w/ leg tattoo – Lynn Michele
- Cowboy Bebop – Spike Spiegel (J.j. Phi) & Faye Valentine (Luna Ley)
- Princess Mononoke – Maka Monture
- Elle Driver and Gogo (Kill Bill) – Ina and Jiller
- Spring Anna and Kristoff w/ Snowgies – Nerds Doing Stuff aka WhateverShakesYourBoat and RobbyShuttles
- Spring Queen Elsa – Lindsay Elyse
- Spider-Gwen (Latex Suit) – Melodie Gore
- Roxanne (The Goofy Movie) – Stay Classy Cosplay
- Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales – CorruptedLeyLey and TakingBackMighty
- Punished Snake – Ozmundus
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
Welcome to your Netflix Streaming Report for March 12, 2015. After the long week you deserve a relaxing staycation with a bowl of popcorn, a bucket of ice cream, and only your Netflix queue to judge you. This past week, Netflix Watch Instant has been kind enough to supply us with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Archer, How to Train Your Dragon 2, and more, which you can find after the jump. Continue reading
The 87th Annual Academy Awards will be held live tonight, Sunday, February 22, 2015. For those who will be unable to attend or have to tune in mid-program, don’t sweat it. We’ll be live blogging the entire ceremony so you can catch up and not miss a beat. With host Neil Patrick Harris on the scene, we can expect a few song and dance routines. Along with the competition this year, it will be an Oscars you won’t want to miss. The red carpet starts at 7 p.m. EST/4 p.m. PST on ABC. Join us for the big show at 5:30 pm PST after the break to get in on the fun. Continue reading
With the big show no less than a week away, I must fulfill TTRC’s due diligence in reporting my picks in who I believe will walk away with Oscars this weekend. The 87th Annual Academy Awards are pretty stacked this year, with the nominees closer in competition than of recent years past. There are many strong contenders for most of the categories, but as they say, there can only be one (rarely two). Redmayne or Keaton? Birdman or Boyhood? Find out my predictions for the Oscars after the break. Continue reading
This morning, at the butt crack of dawn, Chris Pine, Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs, and directors Alfonso Cuarón and J.J.Abrams announced the nominees for the 87th Annual Academy Awards. All 24 major category nominees were revealed, with Birdman and The Grand Budapest Hotel leading the charge with the most nods. Find out your 2015 Oscar nominees, snubs, and surprises after the break. Continue reading
The 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards kick off the actual awards part of awards season today on NBC. The big event will be once again hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler and promptly aired live from 5:00-8:00 p.m. (PST)/8:00-11:00 p.m. (EST). We’ll be covering the Golden Globes live as well so in case you stepped out or have to miss them due to a previously planned engagement – because let’s be honest, they’re just the Globes – we’ve got you covered. After the jump you’ll find the complete winners list as they are announced tonight. Continue reading
It’s about that time again for my annual top 10 list of movies of the year. 2014 was quite the year at the cinemas, making it even harder than ever to narrow down this list – as you’ll see from my selection. I approached this top 10 list with more than the idea that these movies would be some kind of “best of” list, and more toward the concept of rewatchability and those that I favored personally. So without further ado, check out TTRC’s Top 10 Movies of 2014 list after the break. Continue reading
Prepare your bank accounts, it’s time to see what’s Now Available to Own for the week of November 11, 2014. Each week we run down new releases in movies, television series, and video games that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. On shelves this week, you can find titles such as How to Train Your Dragon 2, Batman: The Complete Series, Jersey Boys, Assassin’s Creed Unity, LEGO Batman 3, and more. Check out the complete list of new releases after the jump. Continue reading