Square Enix, Eidos-Montréal, and Crystal Dynamics today revealed the full trailer for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the latest entry in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider series. Created by a team of veteran Tomb Raider developers at Eidos-Montréal, in collaboration with Crystal Dynamics, the game will be available on September 14, 2018 for the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 system and Windows PC/Steam. Continue reading
Square Enix unveiled in a brief teaser trailer today that the highly anticipated sequel, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, will be available in six months for Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC/Steam. The game is expected to launch on all platforms simultaneously on September 14, 2018. Continue reading
Cosplayers converged in Los Angeles this year and you can check out our WonderCon 2016 cosplay Saturday photo gallery right here Continue reading
As expected since the E3 2015 announcement teaser earlier this month, the first gameplay footage for Crystal Dynamic’s Rise of the Tomb Raider was shown during Microsoft’s E3 press briefing this morning. The highly anticipated follow-up to 2013’s critically acclaimed Tomb Raider reboot delivered on all expectations. As you can tell in the video above, the gameplay presentation showcased death-defying action, pitting Lara Croft in what is expected to be her biggest adventure yet.
Although a sequel to the 2013 reboot, Rise of the Tomb Raider is still loosely considered a prequel to the original games from the ’90s. We find our young Lara learning the ropes, literally, as she develops further into the tomb raider she’s meant to become. Every aspect of this demo is exhilarating, full of intense, critical thinking, and quick reflexes on the part of the player. The snowy mountain climb makes the previous game look like Lara was riding on training wheels. Rise of the Tomb Raider is not playing around this time.
Those who played the recent Tomb Raider game know that Lara’s luck is not the greatest and the developers seem to love putting her through the ringer. Rise of the Tomb Raider is definitely upping the stakes with environmentally challenging tasks and even more grizzly obstacles to overcome. This demo has me very excited to see the finished product and I look forward to when it comes out for PlayStation 4.
Here’s some official screenshots of Rise of the Tomb Raider from Square Enix that released today:
And here’s the official plot synopsis for Rise of the Tomb Raider, courtesy of Square Enix:
“In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. Obsessed by what she has seen, Lara is now threatened by a shadow organization intent on killing her for what she knows. She is pushed to her physical and mental limits as she seeks the truth buried deep within the tombs of an ancient world. To unravel the mystery of a Lost City, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.”
Rise of the Tomb Raider hits shelves on its newly announced release date of November 10, 2015 as a timed release for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Now that we’ve seen some gameplay, how do you think the game is shaping up? Tell us in the comments below.
Gamers caught a very special glimpse of what tidings this holiday season will bear as the latest teaser for Rise of the Tomb Raider hit the Internet this morning. As E3 2015 approaches, Microsoft promises the first gameplay footage to the highly anticipated sequel to 2013’s Tomb Raider reboot. But for now, we’re just going to have to settle on this incredibly, well-crafted cinematic teaser trailer. Check it out as well as the box cover art for the game after the break. Continue reading
From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too. Check out our photo gallery from Saturday after the break. Continue reading
From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too.
Observations that occurred:
- Her character was only announced earlier this year and already Spider-Gwen has become a widely popular character
- There were a lot fewer Attack on Titan fans in Scout Regiment garb than I am using to seeing at cons
- However, Kill la Kill has definitely blown up over the past year
- Although I didn’t get any pics of them, there were quite a lot of Korras I saw running around in the distance
- Game of Thrones and DC Comics’ characters were the most seen on Saturday, enough so that that they formed their own gatherings in the fountain plaza
- Big Hero 6, especially Honey Lemon, has also become a very beloved character to cosplay
- Aside from the Griff Tanen, I was surprised by the lack of Back to the Future cosplayer as it’s 2015
- Elsa from Frozen has become the new Slave Leia
- I didn’t see any Trekkies?
- The Walking Dead cosplayers from Reel Guise resemble their actor counterparts too eerily close. You might recall seeing the Carol on Talking Dead if you watch it
- And of course the Deadpools were Deadpooling
And from the images below, you’ll notice that some cosplayers are acting out of character. That’s because, either last year or the year before, I figured that as much fun as people have creating their outfits and becoming the characters they are also fans too. So to humanize the whole culture of cosplay I’ve been asking them to pose out of character in either wacky poses or making silly derp faces. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike.
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at email@example.com]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Sunday >HERE<]
We hope you enjoy our WonderCon 2015 cosplay photo gallery!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- Ariel (Blue Dress) – Miss Lily Leroi
- The Walking Dead Group – Reel Guise
- Attack on Titan Group – The Survey Corps Dance Crew
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) – Miranda Turner
- Lady Hades (w/ Captain Planet Group) – Elizabeth Rage
- Jubilee – Chibi Haku
- Shauna and Dawn (Pokemon) – 4 Itchy Tasty!
- Assassin’s Creed – X-Men Crossover – Wolverine (candacerenee86) and Black Widow (ariel_amora)
- Sir Ariel (Little Merman) – ChrisVillain
- Sheriff Rick Grimes – themikewojcik
- Fem Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon) – Miss Kimmy White
- Miss Sinister – Castrometer
- Aliens’ Drake and Vasquez – Infamous Duane and Sin Fisted
- Alice and Mad Hatter / The Joker – The Adventure Effect / Gasper Gray
- Fix-it Felix Jr. Crossplay – Sarah S.
- Lizzie McGuire – Caroline F.
- Black Canary w/ leg tattoo – Lynn Michele
- Cowboy Bebop – Spike Spiegel (J.j. Phi) & Faye Valentine (Luna Ley)
- Princess Mononoke – Maka Monture
- Elle Driver and Gogo (Kill Bill) – Ina and Jiller
- Spring Anna and Kristoff w/ Snowgies – Nerds Doing Stuff aka WhateverShakesYourBoat and RobbyShuttles
- Spring Queen Elsa – Lindsay Elyse
- Spider-Gwen (Latex Suit) – Melodie Gore
- Roxanne (The Goofy Movie) – Stay Classy Cosplay
- Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales – CorruptedLeyLey and TakingBackMighty
- Punished Snake – Ozmundus
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
San Diego Comic-Con, the mecca for cosplayers from around the globe has sadly come and gone. But we’ve got just the treat for you to relive that special time of year whenever you would like. We met with hundreds of wonderful cosplayers this past SDCC weekend who were kind enough to stop and pose for a picture, and we’d like to share them all with you of course. Check out our full Comic-Con 2014 cosplay photo gallery after the break. Continue reading
As many gamers had hoped, Crystal Dynamics brought an announcement trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider to the Microsoft press conference today at E3 2014. This time Lara Croft means business. The much anticipated follow up to 2013’s critically acclaimed Tomb Raider will hit stores during the 2015 holiday season. You can get your first look after the break. Continue reading
The valiant attendees of WonderCon 2014 arrived to Anaheim, CA in a spectacular display of cosplay this past Easter weekend. No genre or medium was left unturned as cosplayers from far and wide proved their fandom to the fullest. From Doctor Who to Adventure Time to Assassin’s Creed to Star Wars, WonderCon 2014 was a great weekend to be a cosplayer. Check out the full gallery of over 200 images after the break. Continue reading