From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too. Check out our photo gallery from Saturday after the break. Continue reading
From Attack on Titan flash mobs to wild Daleks running around the Anaheim Convention Center, cosplayers were out in full force at this year’s WonderCon. Saturday was definitely the busiest day of the con, perfect for cosplay connoisseurs to strut their stuff. Comic-Con may be the mecca for cosplayers to showoff their creativity, but don’t count out WonderCon. There were a ton of amazing cosplayers this year that were not just creative, but pretty high quality too.
Observations that occurred:
- Her character was only announced earlier this year and already Spider-Gwen has become a widely popular character
- There were a lot fewer Attack on Titan fans in Scout Regiment garb than I am using to seeing at cons
- However, Kill la Kill has definitely blown up over the past year
- Although I didn’t get any pics of them, there were quite a lot of Korras I saw running around in the distance
- Game of Thrones and DC Comics’ characters were the most seen on Saturday, enough so that that they formed their own gatherings in the fountain plaza
- Big Hero 6, especially Honey Lemon, has also become a very beloved character to cosplay
- Aside from the Griff Tanen, I was surprised by the lack of Back to the Future cosplayer as it’s 2015
- Elsa from Frozen has become the new Slave Leia
- I didn’t see any Trekkies?
- The Walking Dead cosplayers from Reel Guise resemble their actor counterparts too eerily close. You might recall seeing the Carol on Talking Dead if you watch it
- And of course the Deadpools were Deadpooling
And from the images below, you’ll notice that some cosplayers are acting out of character. That’s because, either last year or the year before, I figured that as much fun as people have creating their outfits and becoming the characters they are also fans too. So to humanize the whole culture of cosplay I’ve been asking them to pose out of character in either wacky poses or making silly derp faces. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike.
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Sunday >HERE<]
We hope you enjoy our WonderCon 2015 cosplay photo gallery!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- Ariel (Blue Dress) – Miss Lily Leroi
- The Walking Dead Group – Reel Guise
- Attack on Titan Group – The Survey Corps Dance Crew
- Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013) – Miranda Turner
- Lady Hades (w/ Captain Planet Group) – Elizabeth Rage
- Jubilee – Chibi Haku
- Shauna and Dawn (Pokemon) – 4 Itchy Tasty!
- Assassin’s Creed – X-Men Crossover – Wolverine (candacerenee86) and Black Widow (ariel_amora)
- Sir Ariel (Little Merman) – ChrisVillain
- Sheriff Rick Grimes – themikewojcik
- Fem Toothless (How to Train Your Dragon) – Miss Kimmy White
- Miss Sinister – Castrometer
- Aliens’ Drake and Vasquez – Infamous Duane and Sin Fisted
- Alice and Mad Hatter / The Joker – The Adventure Effect / Gasper Gray
- Fix-it Felix Jr. Crossplay – Sarah S.
- Lizzie McGuire – Caroline F.
- Black Canary w/ leg tattoo – Lynn Michele
- Cowboy Bebop – Spike Spiegel (J.j. Phi) & Faye Valentine (Luna Ley)
- Princess Mononoke – Maka Monture
- Elle Driver and Gogo (Kill Bill) – Ina and Jiller
- Spring Anna and Kristoff w/ Snowgies – Nerds Doing Stuff aka WhateverShakesYourBoat and RobbyShuttles
- Spring Queen Elsa – Lindsay Elyse
- Spider-Gwen (Latex Suit) – Melodie Gore
- Roxanne (The Goofy Movie) – Stay Classy Cosplay
- Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales – CorruptedLeyLey and TakingBackMighty
- Punished Snake – Ozmundus
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
With the official announcement of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain at the Game Developers Conference and last year’s introduction to Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, Hideo Kojima announced that David Hayter would no longer voice the iconic Snake. This came as shocking news to MGS fanboys/girls, but Mr. Kojima sees these as a new kind of Metal Gear Solid game. More after the jump. Continue reading
PAX Prime 2012 may be two weeks behind us, but Hideo Kojima’s announcement of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is still stuck on my mind. This new entry into the Metal Gear Solid franchise is vastly different from anything we’ve seen thus far and looks to open up the world, literally, in ways we never thought the series would go. After the jump check out an incredible demo moderated by industry veteran Geoff Keighley. Continue reading