And on the third day, Easter Day, WonderCon cosplayers did not rest. They were not finished with their work as one final day of the con was left to explore and enjoy. There were a good handful of creative Easter Bunny/Jesus cosplay parodies roaming the Anaheim Convention Center. And like Saturday at WonderCon, from a legion of Deadpools to Warrior Disney Princesses, Sunday was also full of really inspiring fans who put in a lot of time into their costumes.
Observations that occurred:
- I find X-23 and Psylocke to be my favorite of the X-Men cosplays I see at conventions, for reasons. Kitty Pryde is also great.
- Cosplayers who dress up as Valka from How to Train Your Dragon 2 go all out.
- Deadpool cosplayers ran amok more on Sunday compared to Saturday. I’m sure it had something to do with Easter, obviously…
- We need more Fullmetal Alchemist cosplayers. C’mon people!
- It’s always nice to see widely popular characters that no one regularly cosplays out in the wild, like Lydia from Beetlejuice or Daria.
- Until this weekend, I never noticed how many people crossplay.
- I saw two Negans running around on Sunday. Fans of The Walking Dead series are in for a treat that only comic readers have been privy too, and I predict we’ll see an influx of that character at cons soon – just like the Governor.
- It was cool to meet Robert Franzese, the real Peter Griffin.
- I’m surprised I didn’t see more appearances from Peggy Carter.
- There were very few Doctor Who fans running around, which is quite abnormal.
- And finally, I hope that after Star Wars Episode VII that people will find someone new to cosplay as other than Boba Fett.
And for those who are reading this for the first time and did not check out our cosplay photo gallery from Saturday at WonderCon 2015: you’ll notice a lot of cosplayers doing goofy poses or making funny, derp faces. I try to make it fun for cosplayers to breakaway from their action poses and bring in a humanizing factor to represent them as fans and people rather than just random people dressing up in costume. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike. I hope you enjoy!
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org]
[Note 2: If you do take an image from this site, please provide photo credit via my Instagram or Twitter @TyRawrrnosaurus, or this website, TurnTheRightCorner.com. Thanks!]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Saturday >HERE<]
[Note 4: Beware – there is a Game of Thrones Season 4 spoiler within]
Enjoy our WonderCon 2015 Sunday cosplay photo gallery below!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
You can follow me on the Twitters or Instagram @TyRawrrnosaurus; Like TTRC on the Facebook too!