October is right around the corner and Pumpkin Nights is expanding to four different cities across the U.S. What started off as a small activation at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in 2016 has now grown beyond its roots to bring its spoopy festivities to jack-o-lantern enthusiasts in Los Angeles, Denver, Salt Lake City, and Auburn, CA. See the full details for the illuminating event after the break.
And on the third day, Easter Day, WonderCon cosplayers did not rest. They were not finished with their work as one final day of the con was left to explore and enjoy. There were a good handful of creative Easter Bunny/Jesus cosplay parodies roaming the Anaheim Convention Center. And like Saturday at WonderCon, from a legion of Deadpools to Warrior Disney Princesses, Sunday was also full of really inspiring fans who put in a lot of time into their costumes.
Observations that occurred:
- I find X-23 and Psylocke to be my favorite of the X-Men cosplays I see at conventions, for reasons. Kitty Pryde is also great.
- Cosplayers who dress up as Valka from How to Train Your Dragon 2 go all out.
- Deadpool cosplayers ran amok more on Sunday compared to Saturday. I’m sure it had something to do with Easter, obviously…
- We need more Fullmetal Alchemist cosplayers. C’mon people!
- It’s always nice to see widely popular characters that no one regularly cosplays out in the wild, like Lydia from Beetlejuice or Daria.
- Until this weekend, I never noticed how many people crossplay.
- I saw two Negans running around on Sunday. Fans of The Walking Dead series are in for a treat that only comic readers have been privy too, and I predict we’ll see an influx of that character at cons soon – just like the Governor.
- It was cool to meet Robert Franzese, the real Peter Griffin.
- I’m surprised I didn’t see more appearances from Peggy Carter.
- There were very few Doctor Who fans running around, which is quite abnormal.
- And finally, I hope that after Star Wars Episode VII that people will find someone new to cosplay as other than Boba Fett.
And for those who are reading this for the first time and did not check out our cosplay photo gallery from Saturday at WonderCon 2015: you’ll notice a lot of cosplayers doing goofy poses or making funny, derp faces. I try to make it fun for cosplayers to breakaway from their action poses and bring in a humanizing factor to represent them as fans and people rather than just random people dressing up in costume. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike. I hope you enjoy!
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Saturday >HERE<]
[Note 4: Beware – there is a Game of Thrones Season 4 spoiler within]
Enjoy our WonderCon 2015 Sunday cosplay photo gallery below!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- Fullmetal Alchemist Edward and Winry Rockbell – abeworks343 and happilyeverjenna
- Jake and Finns (Adventure Time) – Elle Tea / Orange Blur / Shimosh
- Eye of Sauron – Claptrap Cosplay
- Dario and Jane Lane – Ina and Jiller
- Fem Hellboy – Holly and Lockheart_Cosplay_
- Princess Auroras – Holly and Heather
- Princess Mononoke w/ knife – Maka Monture
- Woodland Fairy – Kabuki Killer
- Warrior Princess Ariel – Toria Ann
- Jason, Michael Myers, and Leatherface – Brothers of the Mask
- Punk Rock X-Men (Emma Frost, Cyclops, Jean Grey) – Birds of Play
- Spider-Man and dead Gwen Stacy – Alterverse Cosplay
- Black Widow with Batons – Trish Toxic
- Zatanna w/ yellow cummerbund – Elizabeth Smith
- Joffrey Baratheon – Suprdave89
- Margaery Tyrell w/ crown – Lindrella
- Community Carol (The Walking Dead) – Carol.On
- Warrior Princess Aurora – Alana Waffles
- Boba Phat – Aka Ol’ Dirty Boba
- Wolverine – Lonstermash
- Fem Nightwing w/ Male Harley Quinns – K Vo / AlfredHightower / John Phillip
- Fem Terminator T-800 – Nikki Steel
- The Winter Soldier – Infamous Duane
- Mary Jane – Yakara
- Hobbit Group – Fili (lexipresents) / Kili (aschkapowi) / Kili (xiggeh) / Bilbo (deflower_kelley)
- Tatted Wonder Woman – Sin Fisted
- Harley Quinn w/ mallet and pop gun – Mr. PINKSKi Props
- LumberJoker – V3PO
- Two-Face / Joker / Catwoman / Harley Quinn – Lyan / Wickser / Justine / Unknown
- Raven with Deadpools – Corina
- Doctor Who and Companion – Ingrid Tjahyadi
- Wonder Woman with shield and sword – Scarlet Kiss
- Ariel on Wagon with Dinglehopper – Red Velvet Cosplay
- Tauriel – Steff Von Schweetz
- Regan MacNeil (The Exorcist) – Jillian Marie
- Spring Elsa and Anna w/ Jack Frost – Angi Viper / Going Postal / Countess Canterburry
- Jack Frost King – Frostplay
- Battle Bunny Riven – Cyblix
- Psylocke – Lily Lovely
- Attack on Titan (Swag/Yolo) – TheKyojinCake and Amie
- Doctor Who w/ Call Box cosplayers – ComeAlongCosplay
- Shiek – Vittoria agli Assassini
- Levi and Erwin (Attack on Titan) – Buttlet
- Miraculous Ladybug – Narrzi
- Spider-Gwen with Mask and Spider-Man – Maid of Might and Luc Luzzo
- Spider-Gwen on Trash Can – Stevie Martin
- Jurassic Park Ranger – ACatWithABowtie
- Sheriff Woody and Clint Eastwood aka Marty McFly – Captain Jack Heartless and Hollywood Jane
- Kim Possible – SlightlyIdentical
- Five Night’s at Freddy’s and Mako (Kill la Kill) – Eggshell Costuming
- Elsa in Call Box Dress – Chanel Renee
- Ghost Rider – Rockin Psycho
- Battle Snow White – Marie Josephine
- Zatanna w/ Rabbit in Hat – Rian Synnth
- Morrigan Aensland – Xlosah
- Alice in Wonderland w/ Rose – Alex in Wonderland
- Jon Snow – JFmiskatonic
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
And on the third day, Easter Day, WonderCon cosplayers did not rest. They were not finished with their work as one final day of the con was left to explore and enjoy. There were a good handful of creative Easter Bunny/Jesus cosplay parodies roaming the Anaheim Convention Center. And like Saturday at WonderCon, from a legion of Deadpools to Warrior Disney Princesses, Sunday was also full of really inspiring fans who put in a lot of time into their costumes. Check out our photo gallery after the break. Continue reading
Prepare your bank accounts, it’s time to see what’s Now Available to Own for the week of September 23, 2014. Each week we run down new releases in movies, television series, and video games that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. On shelves this week, you can find titles such as Neighbors, The Rover, The 100, Hyrule Warriors, and more. Check out the complete list of new releases after the jump. Continue reading
Not only has Comic-Con International released the schedule for Preview Night, but they have also unveiled the full panel schedule for Thursday, July 24; the official first day of San Diego Comic-Con. Everything kicks off with 24 in Ballroom 20 and DreamWorks Animation christens Hall H with their presentation of upcoming animated feature. Other big panels for the day includes The Giver, Paramount Pictures‘ presentation, Community, and much more! Check out the full schedule after the break. Continue reading
Empty your wallets and check your bank accounts, it’s time to see what’s Now Available To Own for the week of September 24, 2013. Each week we run down new releases in movies, television series, and video games that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home. On shelves this week, you can find titles such as Iron Man 3, The Kings of Summer, V/H/S/2, Hannibal Season 1, Modern Family Season 4, FIFA 14, and More. Check out the complete list of new releases after the jump. Continue reading
Breaking through the static of mainstream horror of all its splatterore porn and “found footage” films is a tough business to be had. One man dared to dream, Michael Dougherty. Today, October 31, 2012, FEARnet brings you a 24-hour marathon of his film Trick ‘r Treat, which I can honestly say is one of the best horror films of the modern era. Continue reading
I FREAKING LOVE HALLOWEEN. The spirit of the holiday season is amazing and it’s not just because the female species feels that it is necessary to dress slutty 78% of the time. The horror movies, the candy, the parties, the atmosphere, the eeriness of it all to be celebrating the dead – or undead – I LOVE IT ALL. And what better way to celebrate All-Hallows-Eve then to have a 24-hour Trick ‘r Treat marathon. But before we partake in this amazing movie marathon, we must first carefully follow the rules of Halloween provided by FEARnet. Check out four-amazingly well-done PSAs of Halloween after the jump. Continue reading
Yayyy Snickers! Holidays bring the best out in advertisers, but the best holiday I could think of to be creative would be Halloween. This great new creepy Snickers ad is absolutely eerie and amusing. The costume in this commercial reminds me of the horrible horror gem The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. Check out the ad spot after the break for a good time along with some great Burger King Halloween print ads from last year!
Alamo Drafthouse commissioned movie posters here features posters such as Beetlejuice, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and John Carpenter’s Halloween. Unfortunately, the posters were very popular and sold out minutes after going on sale.
A Nightmare On Elmstreet poster by Methane Studios. 19″x27″ screen print. Hand numbered. Printed by Methane Studios. Edition of 150.
Halloween poster by Methane Studios. 19″x27″ screen print. Hand numbered. Printed by Methane Studios. Edition of 150.
Beetlejuice Poster by Drew Millward. 14″x24″ screen print. Hand numbered. Printed by D&L Screen Printing. Limited printing of 65.