And on the third day, Easter Day, WonderCon cosplayers did not rest. They were not finished with their work as one final day of the con was left to explore and enjoy. There were a good handful of creative Easter Bunny/Jesus cosplay parodies roaming the Anaheim Convention Center. And like Saturday at WonderCon, from a legion of Deadpools to Warrior Disney Princesses, Sunday was also full of really inspiring fans who put in a lot of time into their costumes. Check out our photo gallery after the break. Continue reading
And on the third day, Easter Day, WonderCon cosplayers did not rest. They were not finished with their work as one final day of the con was left to explore and enjoy. There were a good handful of creative Easter Bunny/Jesus cosplay parodies roaming the Anaheim Convention Center. And like Saturday at WonderCon, from a legion of Deadpools to Warrior Disney Princesses, Sunday was also full of really inspiring fans who put in a lot of time into their costumes.
Observations that occurred:
- I find X-23 and Psylocke to be my favorite of the X-Men cosplays I see at conventions, for reasons. Kitty Pryde is also great.
- Cosplayers who dress up as Valka from How to Train Your Dragon 2 go all out.
- Deadpool cosplayers ran amok more on Sunday compared to Saturday. I’m sure it had something to do with Easter, obviously…
- We need more Fullmetal Alchemist cosplayers. C’mon people!
- It’s always nice to see widely popular characters that no one regularly cosplays out in the wild, like Lydia from Beetlejuice or Daria.
- Until this weekend, I never noticed how many people crossplay.
- I saw two Negans running around on Sunday. Fans of The Walking Dead series are in for a treat that only comic readers have been privy too, and I predict we’ll see an influx of that character at cons soon – just like the Governor.
- It was cool to meet Robert Franzese, the real Peter Griffin.
- I’m surprised I didn’t see more appearances from Peggy Carter.
- There were very few Doctor Who fans running around, which is quite abnormal.
- And finally, I hope that after Star Wars Episode VII that people will find someone new to cosplay as other than Boba Fett.
And for those who are reading this for the first time and did not check out our cosplay photo gallery from Saturday at WonderCon 2015: you’ll notice a lot of cosplayers doing goofy poses or making funny, derp faces. I try to make it fun for cosplayers to breakaway from their action poses and bring in a humanizing factor to represent them as fans and people rather than just random people dressing up in costume. This series of abnormal poses has created some really fun character moments for both cosplayers and fans alike. I hope you enjoy!
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo without the watermark, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org]
[Note 3: Check out all the cosplay images from Saturday >HERE<]
[Note 4: Beware – there is a Game of Thrones Season 4 spoiler within]
Enjoy our WonderCon 2015 Sunday cosplay photo gallery below!
(Click on any image below to enlarge)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- Fullmetal Alchemist Edward and Winry Rockbell – abeworks343 and happilyeverjenna
- Jake and Finns (Adventure Time) – Elle Tea / Orange Blur / Shimosh
- Eye of Sauron – Claptrap Cosplay
- Dario and Jane Lane – Ina and Jiller
- Fem Hellboy – Holly and Lockheart_Cosplay_
- Princess Auroras – Holly and Heather
- Princess Mononoke w/ knife – Maka Monture
- Woodland Fairy – Kabuki Killer
- Warrior Princess Ariel – Toria Ann
- Jason, Michael Myers, and Leatherface – Brothers of the Mask
- Punk Rock X-Men (Emma Frost, Cyclops, Jean Grey) – Birds of Play
- Spider-Man and dead Gwen Stacy – Alterverse Cosplay
- Black Widow with Batons – Trish Toxic
- Zatanna w/ yellow cummerbund – Elizabeth Smith
- Joffrey Baratheon – Suprdave89
- Margaery Tyrell w/ crown – Lindrella
- Community Carol (The Walking Dead) – Carol.On
- Warrior Princess Aurora – Alana Waffles
- Boba Phat – Aka Ol’ Dirty Boba
- Wolverine – Lonstermash
- Fem Nightwing w/ Male Harley Quinns – K Vo / AlfredHightower / John Phillip
- Fem Terminator T-800 – Nikki Steel
- The Winter Soldier – Infamous Duane
- Mary Jane – Yakara
- Hobbit Group – Fili (lexipresents) / Kili (aschkapowi) / Kili (xiggeh) / Bilbo (deflower_kelley)
- Tatted Wonder Woman – Sin Fisted
- Harley Quinn w/ mallet and pop gun – Mr. PINKSKi Props
- LumberJoker – V3PO
- Two-Face / Joker / Catwoman / Harley Quinn – Lyan / Wickser / Justine / Unknown
- Raven with Deadpools – Corina
- Doctor Who and Companion – Ingrid Tjahyadi
- Wonder Woman with shield and sword – Scarlet Kiss
- Ariel on Wagon with Dinglehopper – Red Velvet Cosplay
- Tauriel – Steff Von Schweetz
- Regan MacNeil (The Exorcist) – Jillian Marie
- Spring Elsa and Anna w/ Jack Frost – Angi Viper / Going Postal / Countess Canterburry
- Jack Frost King – Frostplay
- Battle Bunny Riven – Cyblix
- Psylocke – Lily Lovely
- Attack on Titan (Swag/Yolo) – TheKyojinCake and Amie
- Doctor Who w/ Call Box cosplayers – ComeAlongCosplay
- Shiek – Vittoria agli Assassini
- Levi and Erwin (Attack on Titan) – Buttlet
- Miraculous Ladybug – Narrzi
- Spider-Gwen with Mask and Spider-Man – Maid of Might and Luc Luzzo
- Spider-Gwen on Trash Can – Stevie Martin
- Jurassic Park Ranger – ACatWithABowtie
- Sheriff Woody and Clint Eastwood aka Marty McFly – Captain Jack Heartless and Hollywood Jane
- Kim Possible – SlightlyIdentical
- Five Night’s at Freddy’s and Mako (Kill la Kill) – Eggshell Costuming
- Elsa in Call Box Dress – Chanel Renee
- Ghost Rider – Rockin Psycho
- Battle Snow White – Marie Josephine
- Zatanna w/ Rabbit in Hat – Rian Synnth
- Morrigan Aensland – Xlosah
- Alice in Wonderland w/ Rose – Alex in Wonderland
- Jon Snow – JFmiskatonic
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
San Diego Comic-Con, the mecca for cosplayers from around the globe has sadly come and gone. But we’ve got just the treat for you to relive that special time of year whenever you would like. We met with hundreds of wonderful cosplayers this past SDCC weekend who were kind enough to stop and pose for a picture, and we’d like to share them all with you of course. Check out our full Comic-Con 2014 cosplay photo gallery after the break. Continue reading
And you thought Comic-Con 2014 was heating up with Community, Paramount Pictures, and Sony Pictures on Thursday? Friday’s schedule of panels for SDCC come in hot and heavy with the likes of Game of Thrones, The Legend of Korra, The Walking Dead, Kevin Smith, Bones, Agents of SHIELD, Arrow, and much much more! Check out the full line-up after the break. Continue reading
The valiant attendees of WonderCon 2014 arrived to Anaheim, CA in a spectacular display of cosplay this past Easter weekend. No genre or medium was left unturned as cosplayers from far and wide proved their fandom to the fullest. From Doctor Who to Adventure Time to Assassin’s Creed to Star Wars, WonderCon 2014 was a great weekend to be a cosplayer. Check out the full gallery of over 200 images after the break. Continue reading
It goes without saying, San Diego Comic-Con is the mecca for cosplayers to strut their stuff in front of the tens of thousands who venture into and outside of the convention center each year. From beginners to expert, cosplayers from around the globe showcase their love for their favorite characters. And no matter how talented these people are, the most important thing is that they are having fun. Check out the entire gallery of cosplayers Turn The Right Corner was able to snap photos of this year at SDCC. Continue reading
As they say, all good things must come to an end. Sunday has finally reached Comic-Con 2013, and what a Comic-Con it was. From news on a Batman vs. Superman movie to the reveal of Avengers: Age of Ultron, there was not a geek or nerd that did not have to change their underwear at least once this long weekend. Sunday for TTRC at SDCC was all about catching up on all of the booths on the convention floor. After the jump, check out over 90 photos of what was hip and happening throughout the San Diego Convention Center on the final day of Comic-Con 2013. Continue reading
This video is pretty old in Internet time since it came out this Summer, but there have been a lot of things that I haven’t posted because I just haven’t gotten around to writing about ’em. So if you haven’t seen Saruman (Christopher Lee) from The Lord of the Rings singing Eduard Khill’s infamous “Trololo” then you are in for a real treat. Continue reading
These days there is a convention for everything: robots, food, porn, comics, and even furries. Let me take you into the land of BrickWorld where everything LEGO is possible. LEGO is THE toy that allows you to create anything imaginable (see LEGO Sniper Rifle). A group of people put together a massive collaborative effort for this year’s BrickWorld 2011 convention in Wheeling, IL. They brought into fruition almost every element of The Lord of the Rings trilogy and built Middle-Earth brick by brick. It is almost inconceivable how amazing these models are. Chris Phipson wrote about this epic project at MOCpages, a site where you can share your LEGO creations to the world. You can check out a lot of his and other’s collaborative work after the jump!
Sir Ian McKellen recollects his moments when he comes face to face with the mighty Balrog at The Bridge of Khazad-Dum in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.