The Netflix Streaming Report for April 7, 2016 includes new titles such as The Princess Bride, Bob’s Burgers, Grease: Live!, The Hallow, The Ranch, and more Continue reading
We finally made it. The final day of San Diego Comic-Con 2015. I hope you’ve survived the marathon of lines, panels, convention center food, celebrity sightings, big surprises, various smells, and more lines. What I’ve got for you is the last day of cosplay pics of all the wonderful, spectacular, inventive, creative, and magical people I met this Sunday. And don’t you worry, this may be the last day of SDCC, but this is not the final set of coplay pics I’ve got in the works. Stay tuned for more!
- For those who managed to go the distance and attend all four and a half days, I applaud your energy to keep cosplaying!
- Again, Mad Max: Fury Road costumes continued to pop up, but I was surprised with the overall lack of Attack on Titan scout regiment troops.
- I’m also shocked that I only ran into one person in a Star Trek uniform. Where were all the Trekkies at? I may have not been paying attention enough, but I really didn’t see anyone in Trek garb other than the one in the gallery below.
- No love for The Fantastic Four at all either. I saw two Doctor Dooms the entire weekend.
- And where are all the Avatar/Legend of Korra fans?
- There was also a lack in Deadpools and Doctors too!
- Harley Quinn is the new Slave Leia; last year it was Daenerys Targaryen.
- I wish I encountered more mashups, but I think 2015 was the year for genderbends and crossplaying.
- I really should start watching more anime and play more video games.
- You can’t do Bane properly unless you can do the crazy eyes, as seen below.
- Cosplayers dressed as Septa Unella made the weekend for me. SHAME!
[Note: If you see yourself and would like a hi-res version of the photo, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org]
Check out the Sunday Comic-Con 2015 cosplay photo gallery below:
(Click on any image below to enlarge; cosplay credits below the gallery)
Cosplay Credits (if I didn’t list you and you want credit for your cosplay let me know!):
- The Winter Soldier (Winter Trickster Cosplay)
- Kiki’s Delivery Service (@Dont.Walk.Away.Renee)
- Harley Quinn w/ Pop Gun (@KnockiePooh)
- Bob’s Burgers: Louise (@AlrightAviva), Tina (@DevanTheImpaler), and Linda (@cle_shay)
- Lady First Avenger Captain America (@KT_Bananas)
- Silk Spectre (@missredass)
- Suu and Kazuhiko from Clover (@jesskah)
- Black Widow w/ Hawkeye (@GenevieveMarieCosplay)
- Wonder Woman (@vivawonderwoman)
- Ariel in Dress (@RedVelvetCosplay)
- Nui Harime from Kill la Kill (@CuriousOldCrow)
- Pinkie Pie (@LudellaHahn) and Rainbow Dash (@MinniedMoocha)
- Black Widow (@Rad.Cosplay) and Captain America (@VorianCosplay)
- Princess Anna from Frozen (@keikokaylnn)
- Jurassic World Task Force (Spartan117GW)
- Katarina (@WeFellFromGrace)
- Cruella de Vil (@DeshariCotsverts)
- Sugar Rush Jinx from League of Legends (@BrizzyGrams)
- Lady Bane (@Spac3junk)
- Psylocke (@seventhcylon)
- Rocket Raccoon (@KristyJHarrington)
- Punk Rock Sailor Moon (@KellyBohart)
- Deanna Troi (@HeyItsAprilAgain)
- Satsuki in Bikini from Kill la Kill (Tejnin’s Creations)
- Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tale (@JeniferAnn) and Spider-Gwen (@IvyDoomkitty)
- Lady Vader and Boba Fett (A-Cup Cosplay)
- Sheik from Legend of Zelda (Sara Trupski)
- Daenerys Targaryen with Dragon (@MariTattoos)
- Sailor Moon (@TamarynClaire) and Sailor Mars (@Tavernellio)
- DJ Meowmix? (@Bawkyou)
- Paige the Notepad from Don’t Hug Me. I’m Scared (@arigoddessoftheelements)
- Ms. Marvel (@AngiViper)
- Riddler w/Catwoman and Ivy (@Humbleshield)
- Genderbend Anna (@countess_canterburry) and Fem Kristoff (@JimmySherfy)
- Zatanna (PaperSwordParty)
- Loki (@LokiHatesYou)
- Celestia (@IR_Eevee)
- Harley with Baseball Bat (@HarleysArmory)
- Sinon from Sword Art Online (PinchOfPixelDust)
- Cammy from Street Fighter (@VertVixen)
- The Walking Dead Group (@ReelGuise)
- Black Canary (@LolitaDarling)
- PikaPool (@Mitchv0)
- Green Arrow (@WatchxMexRise)
Check out previous cosplay galleries from:
- Comic-Con 2015 Saturday
- Comic-Con 2015 Friday
- Comic-Con 2015 Preview Night and Thursday
- Star Wars Celebration 2015
- Wonder Con 2015
- WonderCon 2014
- WonderCon 2013
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014
- San Diego Comic-Con 2013
The time that has passed since the release of the infamous adaptation of William Goldman’s fantasy novel, The Princess Bride, is quite inconceivable. (At least I think so…) I was no more than seven-months old when Westley (played by Cary Elwes) sought out his true love, Buttercup (Robin Wright) from the evil clutches of Vizzini (Wallace Shawn) and then Prince Humperdink (Chris Sarandon) with the help of Fezzik (André the Giant) and Inigo Montoya (Mandy Pantinkin)
But enough with the nostalgia, Entertainment Weekly was fortunate enough to gather the surviving cast from The Princess Bride for their reunion issue that came out earlier this month. After the jump check out the cast photo of The Princess Bride almost 25-years later shot by Art Streiber.
Whenever I hear the title of the movie spoken within the movie I always have the urge to say, “DING!” Sometimes movie titles within the movie can be used as a great device for comedy i.e. Hot Tub Time Machine, but most of the time it is either an idea or it just references the plot in some certain way. YouTube user, honsco, has edited a great little video with 81 films that utilize their title within itself. Check out the fun video after the break!